Platform 9 3/4 Gets Permanent Location at King's Cross Station

Fans
Posted by: Stephanie_J
March 14, 2012, 10:41 AM

The Platform 9 3/4 display at King's Cross in London finally has a permanent location after being shuffled around for several years while the station underwent major renovations.

According to the Huffington Post, the popular pilgrimage site for Harry Potter fans - which features a sign for the platform and a trolly seemingly going through the wall - will now be located in the Western Departures Concourse. A map of the station, with Platform 9 3/4 clearly marked, can be seen here. The new concourse will be open for travelers (and Potter fans!) beginning March 19.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Tumblr_ljx6bckvt81qayzvw_thumb
2043 Points

so cool just <3 it

Posted by GinnyRose2004 on March 14, 2012, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_thumb

Oh how cool!

Posted by Hedwig_Lives on March 14, 2012, 11:14 AM report to moderator
Rainbow_brite_thumb

I won’t lie, if I ever got to visit I’d spend all my time trying to get through the barrier. :3

Posted by Flitzy on March 14, 2012, 11:33 AM report to moderator
Hp_wallpaper_10_1024x819_thumb

Oh cool, I will so have to look it up!

Posted by katie01921 on March 14, 2012, 11:42 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_drawing_thumb

That’s so cool. I love how people respect our love for HP and are prepared to put up with these things! :D

Posted by Grindylow_101 on March 14, 2012, 12:06 PM report to moderator
6-8b2a0dac50cab1dc7808800c700d3762_thumb_thumb

Everytime I go through Kings Cross on my way home from uni and vice versa I like to salute Platform 9 3/4’s..the beginning of my childhood :)

Posted by teamtonks on March 14, 2012, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

When I get to London someday, which I more def will, I am going to Platform 9 3/4, take tons of pictures and probably cry. =}

Posted by LunaLuver on March 14, 2012, 01:25 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Too bad that they couldn’t find a way to sandwich it in between Platforms 9 and 10 somehow. At least they managed to site it in the general vicinity. But it rather looks from the map as if you would end up in a loo if you actually could get through the wall!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on March 14, 2012, 01:37 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

Now that they’ll never take it down, I’ll certainly get to see it. YEAH!

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on March 14, 2012, 01:44 PM report to moderator

I work nearby, so will check it out next week.
In a way I’ll be sorry to see it in a permanent location. It’s more typical of the wizarding world for it to move around and appear in unexpected places, like a Hogwarts staircase.

Posted by WulfricBrian on March 14, 2012, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

I want to go there… If only I was in England…

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on March 14, 2012, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

Yes. Just Yes. XD

Posted by Mad But Happy on March 14, 2012, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Moonlit_fox_pic_2_thumb

That’s cool! :D

Posted by MoonlitFox on March 14, 2012, 04:19 PM report to moderator

MAN!!!! I WISH I LIVED IN THE UK!!!! :( Harry Potter is so awesome that it affects things in the real world too- nice.

Posted by katelyner123 on March 14, 2012, 04:20 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Wish it was in the same place as the actual movie :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 15, 2012, 02:59 AM report to moderator

As Harry was helping himself to roast potatoes, the doors of the Great Hall opened again. It was Professor Trelawney, gliding toward them as though on wheels. She had put on a green sequined dress in honor of the occasion, making her look more than ever l