J.K. Rowling's Twitter Following Passes 1M Mark

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
February 24, 2012, 08:17 PM

She has only tweeted nine times, and mostly to say she is spending her time with paper and pen as a better companion than digital communication. With yesterday's announcement that she will be publishing something not-Harry-Potter-related for the first time, J.K. Rowling sent out another tweet to confirm the story and indicate that it would be out later in the year. Though it started today hovering near 993,000 followers, J.K. Rowling is now well over the 1M mark.

As press continues to build around her newest venture, we can only imagine that number will be multiplied many times over.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Wow—Congrats Jo!!!!! I feel proud to state i was one of her first 1,000 followers when i found out she had an official twitter…i joined twitter because she had an official twitter! (go geekness!!!)

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 24, 2012, 11:31 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Seems she should tweet more since she went through the trouble of getting a twitter. I like to follow very active people on twitter.

Posted by LunaLuver on February 25, 2012, 12:34 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

Yay Jo!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on February 25, 2012, 05:01 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_drawing_thumb

I wonder what genre this new book is?

Posted by Grindylow_101 on February 25, 2012, 05:59 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Glad she’s getting more followers! :)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on February 25, 2012, 06:35 AM report to moderator

LunaLuver- ‘went through the trouble of getting a twitter’? It’s not exactly a life-threatening operation lol, and she probably didn’t even do it herself. She got Twitter because of people imersonating her on there, as she said in her first tweet.

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on February 25, 2012, 10:39 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

“She has only tweeted nine times” – Mel, you crack me up :D
That’s so cool. I think Jo’s the only one with so little tweets and so many followers. Well, only she CAN.

Posted by Matea on February 25, 2012, 12:42 PM report to moderator

Hi Melissa, I just finished reading your book “Harry, a History” and I just loved to know everything that was going on during the Harry Potter phenomenom. It’s just a pitty I missed so much. But anyway Harry was part of my childhood, I grew up with him and now I’m super excited about J K’s new novel!

Posted by Fernandakm on February 25, 2012, 01:13 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

@JoRowlingRocks: Well yeah but still, if you are going to have one, use it. Course I’m guessing now with this book she’ll be using her twitter more to push it and get hype. Instead of writting a new book she should be releasing The Scottish Book she’s been promising, then she can do something else.

Posted by LunaLuver on February 25, 2012, 01:46 PM report to moderator

This is great! I really like her twitts.
I am excited about a new book, but I am afraid I can be disaponted or somthing since I’m not a " adult ", since she is saying it is going to be a adult novel ..

Posted by Magical Arts on February 25, 2012, 03:01 PM report to moderator

Never such little tweets and so many followers! I’m proud to say I’m one of them! :D Jo, you’re an amazing person. Everything that you’re getting is well deserved!

Posted by . on February 25, 2012, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

Well what if this is the Scottish Book (though it’s highly unlikely) but it the Scottish Book could just be something that she wants to do in her own time because she wants to do it not because she has to do it.

Pssh and why wouldn’t you follow her anyway?

Posted by Acciobrooms on February 25, 2012, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

Congrats Jo!
To be honest, she deserves 10 million followers, not just 1 million! I’m not sure there are that many people on twitter though, so…
Haha, anyways, that’s great for her, I’m proud! Not many people could pull something like that :D <3

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on February 25, 2012, 06:51 PM report to moderator
Hermione3_thumb

Cool! I am one of them!

Posted by agarwalsonika7 on February 26, 2012, 04:16 AM report to moderator
Tom-felton_thumb

Congratulations, Jo!
Plus I can’t wait for your next book!
:D

Posted by Maddie Malfoy on February 27, 2012, 04:48 PM report to moderator

"Ah, well, people can be a bit stupid abou' their pets," said Hagrid wisely. Behind him, Buckbeak spat a few ferret bones onto Hagrid's pillow.