J.K. Rowling Tweets: New book "later this year"

Books
Posted by: Melissa
February 24, 2012, 09:12 AM

A small update this morning from J.K. Rowling's Twitter indicates her book will be out this year:

As you may have heard, I have a new book out later this year. Very different to Harry, although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Dhsmall_thumb

I was just going to ask you guys to see if you can dig up a release date!! Great job!! I know it’s going to be completely different that Harry Potter I cannot wait to get my hands on this book!!

Posted by akcorr on February 24, 2012, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

I’m actually really looking forward to reading something new from her!

congrats to her and best of luck!

Posted by lovelle on February 24, 2012, 09:33 AM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

This is such a tease! I’m dying for more info. At least tell us what genre, Jo!

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on February 24, 2012, 10:40 AM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

So nice to have something to look forward to.

Posted by AvanelleWood on February 24, 2012, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Dapic_thumb

yay! i knew she would keep writing. Im very excited.

Posted by ZeGrindylows on February 24, 2012, 11:07 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_loc4akpkyi1qzvmy7o1_500_thumb

I’m still crying.
JK you’re perfect!

Posted by MidnightShield11 on February 24, 2012, 11:50 AM report to moderator
Polar

midnight release party!!!

Posted by lupinblack2001 on February 24, 2012, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

Can’t wait! It’s going to be amazing! I’ll be queueing up at the bookshop of course!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on February 24, 2012, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

As a copy editor I’m always having to correct writers when they use ‘different than’ when it should be ‘different from.’ ‘Different to’ is a new usage on me entirely!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on February 24, 2012, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

‘Different to’ is an informal but common British usage. We were warned against it at school! ‘Different than’ would have been beyond the pale entirely.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on February 24, 2012, 01:54 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Depending on how ‘adult’ her new book is, a lot of Js’s fan may not be able to read it. I hope she doesnt go too far to please adults, its the younger fans that put her where she is.
I though it said the genre was crime/mystery.

Posted by LunaLuver on February 24, 2012, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

lupinblack2001: I am not convinced there will be midnight release parties, as I think Jo will want to distinguish the release from Harry Potter ones. Also you may not know what to dress up as.
lunaluver: Jo is trying to make it clear that this isn’t a book for younger fans. So it won’t be aimed at them and they will probably be disappointed if they are expecting it to be like the Potter books. On the other hand Jo has talked of writing a children’s book as well so it is possible there will be news of a new children’s book before this one is published.

Posted by roonwit on February 24, 2012, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

lunaluver: I forgot to mention that we don’t know what the genre of the new book will be, it is only speculation it will be crime or mystery, though I suspect we will know more before it appears.

Posted by roonwit on February 24, 2012, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I just hope that ‘adult’ doesn’t mean so steamy that the kids who flock to read it just because it’s JKR will be getting a little too much age-inappropriate information. That might work with later books, when she has a canon of adult lit established; but we have to assume that her first time out, very young audiences will be checking out whatever she writes.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on February 24, 2012, 04:42 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

A mystery novel for Jo makes so much sense to me. She is so brilliant at slipping clues in between the lines.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on February 24, 2012, 04:43 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I wouldn't go out with you if it was a choice between you and the giant squid," said Lily.[br]"Bad luck, Prongs," said Sirius briskly...