J.K. Rowling's Next Novel Announced, Written for Adults

Books
Posted by: Melissa
February 23, 2012, 09:28 AM

UPDATE: jkrowling.com is being "refreshed and redesigned" and will be opened again later this spring. An e-mail list has been added to the Web site's interface for readers to subscribe to updates.

J.K. Rowling's agency, the Blair Partnership, announced this morning that the Harry Potter author will be releasing a new novel for adults.

The only other info on the page, besides a graphic, is a note from the author indicating that "While I have loved writing it just as much, my next book will be very different from the Harry Potter series."

A press release further notes:

"Although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world. The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry’s success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life"

Details will be announced "later in the year." The as-yet unnamed book has been bought by Little, Brown and Company in the UK and US.

The book will be the first of J.K. Rowling's work to be available immediately in print and electronic versions. There was no auction for the rights to the book.

As always through all these years, stay very close to Leaky for news and developments on J.K. Rowling's writing: we will be covering it as closely as we do Harry Potter.

Oh, and: leave a comment if you just screamed, did a dance, jumped for joy, or anything else.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

As my niece wrote, “Urgghh”!!!!! I can’t wait to read it. Now Saturday nite can’t bust jokes on us ole “adults” cuz this book is for adults.
heh-heh!!!!

Posted by bonica on February 23, 2012, 02:26 PM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

This is wonderful, wonderful, news!!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!! *turns cartwheels*

Posted by AvanelleWood on February 23, 2012, 02:35 PM report to moderator

Screaming, clapping, dancing, SQUEEEEEEEing!!!! :)

Posted by Muggle Mommy on February 23, 2012, 02:44 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

PANIC ATTACK!! PotterCast NOW!!!

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 23, 2012, 03:11 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Elwood_magic: I agree it will be a shame to lose the old web site, and I agree they should keep it available somewhere. But is nice to know Jo is happy enough with this new book to publish it.

Posted by roonwit on February 23, 2012, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

This is the best way to start my day, a new book!!!!! XD I cant wait to hear what its going to be about. =D

Posted by LunaLuver on February 23, 2012, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Deathly_hallows_symbol_thumb

GAHHHHHH! oh my goodness, i am about to die!

Posted by ForTheGreaterGood on February 23, 2012, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mc1tl9kuoe1rcd825o1_500_thumb

I am literally hyperventilating right now.

Posted by BeatlesForever16 *ROAR* on February 23, 2012, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

SCREAMED? I SCREAMED WITH SO MUCH EXCITEMENT MY SISTER SLAMMED THE BREAKS OF THE CAR AND ASKED WHAT HAPPENED!!!!! OMG!! SQUUEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 23, 2012, 05:48 PM report to moderator
OMGEEEEEE!!! J.K. Rowling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will probably be epic! (Though not as epic as HP) lol
Posted by katelyner123 on February 23, 2012, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im in the library so i cant scream BUT I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!! BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! starkid has a new show, b@man, and JO HAS A NEW BOOK!!!!!!! definently worthy of a new pottercast. this is like a harry potter EXPLOSION!!!!!! there is too much awesome in the world right now!!!!!!!

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on February 23, 2012, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

Cool. Little, Brown is a great house. Authors include Stephenie Meyer, James Patterson, Cate Tiernan, and many others. :D

Posted by Xyra44 on February 23, 2012, 06:57 PM report to moderator

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I wish we knew more details! I CAN’T WAIT to get my new JK book fix!!!

Posted by glow_freak on February 23, 2012, 08:37 PM report to moderator

Very exciting news!! Wish we didn’t have to wait so long to learn more about it though.

Posted by verity_green on February 23, 2012, 08:53 PM report to moderator

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES!!!! Although I’m not an adult yet, I’ll still read it. J.K. Rowling never disappoints when it comes to writing, I’m truly looking forward to it and I’m sort of frustrated that I don’t have the physical book right now. It has been far too long since her last recent book. Anyway, SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Posted by . on February 23, 2012, 11:35 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Anyone else's parents got a problem with Harry?" he said aggressively.[br]"My parents are Muggles, mate," said Dean, shrugging. "They don't know nothing about no deaths at Hogwarts, because I'm not stupid enough to tell them."