New Daniel Radcliffe PSA for The Trevor Project

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
February 22, 2012, 07:04 PM

Last night the Trevor Project released a new PSA featuring Daniel Radcliffe, and today MTV has an article that details Radcliffe's involvement in the Trevor Project:

The 22-year-old said in a statement that his work with the Trevor Project has taught him the importance of being a straight ally and offering his support. "When we let someone know that we accept them for who they are and that we are safe to talk to, we can help save lives," he said. "It's as simple as that."

Radcliffe has been involved with the Trevor Project since 2009, appearing in public service announcements for the group's prevention hot line and speaking out in support of LGBT youth. Radcliffe has called his work with the Trevor Project "one of the most important, if not the most important, thing that I'm associated with."

You can read more of the article here and see the PSA here or below. Read more about the Trevor Project here.

Many thanks to Max for owling!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

I saw it last night! Was it the first broadcast? During Glee?! Anyway, I support Daniel Radcliffe 100%! Always.

Posted by . on February 22, 2012, 07:20 PM report to moderator

I SAW THAT TOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I hate the rumors that people make about him!! He isnt gay. He is just a REALLLLLLYYY good, kind, and talented person!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by katelyner123 on February 22, 2012, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Azkaban_thumb

I saw this during Glee, too! I thought it was kinda cool that they had this commercial on right after that special sceane. Sorry if you don’t know what I’m talking about…But anyways, i think that it’s cool that he’s supporting this.

Posted by ChocoFrogs369 on February 22, 2012, 09:39 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

People who start these rumors really have now reason to be. They need to find better things to do.

Posted by LunaLuver on February 22, 2012, 11:26 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Surely the point is that it wouldn’t matter a damn if he was?

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on February 23, 2012, 04:27 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

Exactly, Valeria-Johanna. Well put! Thanks to Dan for supporting such an important organization!

Posted by Lillylove on February 23, 2012, 07:09 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Really proud of him! :)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on February 23, 2012, 12:49 PM report to moderator
0709091327_m_061608_em4_thumb

I am extremely proud of Dan for supporting gay rights, and LGBT youth. He is exceptional, and a wonderful person. Love you Dan.

Posted by CCB5Potterfan34 on February 23, 2012, 01:04 PM report to moderator

I LOVE UUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is my TOP role model!! He is such a amzing person, and so down to earth and….. just such a human being! A regualr celebrity gets into drugs and bad things and gets into bad situations, but he is turning himself into the most amazing person ever!(Even though he already was) And yes Valeria-Johanna, I SOOOOO agree! I mean, I really wouldnt care if he was! But I am pretty sure that he isnt, i mean, he has a girl friend and everything. GOO DAN!!

Posted by katelyner123 on February 23, 2012, 06:15 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

So happy that there is not a single homophobe here because we all love Harry Potter.

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on February 24, 2012, 05:54 AM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

That is so awesome! way to go Dan!

Posted by lovelle on February 24, 2012, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Nicely done!

Posted by Won_Two on March 05, 2012, 03:39 PM report to moderator

"And you too -- you 'elped --"[br]"Yeah," said Ron, looking extremely hopeful, "yeah, a bit --"[br]Fleur swooped down on him too and kissed him. Hermione looked simply furious...