Pottermore Insider Shows Sneak Peak at Final "Chamber of Secrets" Update

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
October 18, 2012, 08:38 PM

The Pottermore Insider has updated with a look at one of the Moments from the final "Chamber of Secrets" installment. The new image shows a look at Harry and Dumbledore in Professor McGonagall's office. You can see the image here.

This week, we’ve been putting the finishing touches to the Basilisk’s hiss for the final chapters of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

We’re also delighted to give you an exclusive look at an upcoming Moment from Chapter Eighteen – Dumbledore Returns.

In Chapter Eighteen, Professor Dumbledore is able to answer some of Harry’s questions about what exactly happened to him in the Chamber of Secrets. Take a look at the two of them in this Moment, beside the fire in Professor McGonagall’s office.

When you’re there, see if you can spot the Ginger Newts and Professor McGonagall’s needlework amongst the many things to find...

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Ruin_thumb

But if you can’t get past the #%$#@ pixies, you’re out of luck with any updates. :( I’m not on Pottermore to play the games, I’m on there to learn more about the books and background. I wish there was a way to by-pass the game pages.

Posted by nundu on October 19, 2012, 11:09 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

@nundu, the games are pretty annoying, it took me a while with the pixies, using the wand you move it up to make a pixie that you’re pointing at move up, left and right and down all move the pixie in the appropriate direction, so I hope that helps you. I would prefer it without games that keep you from progressing, they’d be alright as a diversion for those who like to play them but shouldn’t be the only way of moving onwards.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on October 20, 2012, 08:47 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

I’ve never had a problem with the site, so I guess I’m lucky… Keep the chapters coming!

Posted by Mad But Happy on October 20, 2012, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

I didn’t find the pixie game too hard once I realized the pixies move away from the wand if it gets too close – I think the gnome game took me longer to get right. Incidentally, has anyone else noticed the spiders in the last couple of Insider posts?

Posted by roonwit on October 20, 2012, 01:39 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I cannot get used to it’s being a year since I first logged on to Pottermore. Sure do wish it was moving along at a quicker pace.

Posted by Won_Two on October 20, 2012, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I still havent gotten to CoS yet, still working my way through SS, and enjoying it. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on October 20, 2012, 09:35 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

The games aren’t my thing either. Dueling is something I’ve just decided to give up altogether. I was doing OK with the potions until they tweaked things with the last chapter additions. So I’ve kind of given up on that, at least for the time being. I’ve managed to get past the gnomes and the pixies so I could move on. What I couldn’t do was the potion to get that extra door open in Snape’s office. Luckily, after whining to a friend, he gave me an extra potion he’d brewed and the secret door opened. I’m not encouraged that we should be practicing potions for the next part. Like some of you, I wish there was a way to skip some of the games – I really just want the content. There should be some way of moving on if you have tried “X” number of times without getting it – kind of like the very first Harry Potter movie where you were supposed to unlock things but if you just waited it opened anyway.

Posted by Eeyore on October 21, 2012, 10:35 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

@Eeyore you just gave me a blast from the past there! I remember the struggle all these years ago to get access to the deleted scenes on the PS DVD. It was the damn bricks in to Diagon Alley I could never get right!

Posted by KiwiMcI on November 04, 2012, 08:21 PM report to moderator

"You can exist without your soul, you know, as long as your brain and heart are still working. But you'll have no sense of self anymore, no memory, no... anything. There's no chance at all of recovery. You'll just -- exist. As an empty shell. And your sou