New Concept Art from "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Shows Different Endings for Voldemort

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
January 31, 2012, 06:17 PM

Concept art by artist Andrei Riabovitchev was published on the website io9 that shows what could have been a slightly different ending for Voldemort in "Deathly Hallows: Part 2." Images of the troll designs are also included in the batch.

See Riabovitchev's vision for "Part 2" at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

OH MY ROWLING! I thought the way Riddle died was quite graceful — can’t say the same for the other alternatives though! Wow! I’m still in shock. But, I think those would have been more realistic than peeling apart. All of the ways are beautiful though. (:

Posted by . on January 31, 2012, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Romeo_close_up_thumb

I wish it had been in the great hall like in the book with everyone watching. Then the spells are cast between Harry and Voldemort and then he just dies.

Posted by crowgirls [ ITC ] on January 31, 2012, 09:11 PM report to moderator

Creepy looking. I wish it had ended as written in the book but with the crumpled Voldemort returning to plain old horcruxless Tom Riddle as he died.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on January 31, 2012, 11:43 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That’s so Creepy looking for Voldemort’s death scene!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on February 01, 2012, 04:23 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_drawing_thumb

@trontec: Ouch! could you have been any meaner, I completely agree that renameing it the sorcerer’s stone for america wasn’t a good idea but in no way does that make the americans stupid.

I was kinda dissapointed when I watched the film and voldy wasn’t killed in the great hall and that when he was killed he just crumbled? I mean what’s that all about? :D

Posted by Grindylow_101 on February 01, 2012, 11:45 AM report to moderator

A first! I’ve been deleted and Grindylow 101 looks like he(she) is talking to air.

I am an American. I complained about the title, “Philosopher’s Stone” becauseI felt offended that somebody thought Americans were so stupid that they wouldn’t buy a book that said, “Philosopher” on the cover.
Apparently somebody has now decided that even mentioning it is offensive.

Thank you for agreeing withmy opinions and read quickly. This will probably be deleted, too.

Posted by trontech on February 02, 2012, 08:15 AM report to moderator
Assassin_of_the_tsar_thumb

I didn’t like any of the death scenes, it looked kind of weird and creepy (though not as creepy as Voldemort looked when he and Harry was flying around Hogwarts, and then suddenly his face becomes all alien-like). I thought it would be better in the Great Hall like in the book, but it could be worse. I’m glad they did the final version and not one of the other.

Posted by Milla Aiko Indie on February 02, 2012, 10:57 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_drawing_thumb

@trontrec: Oh, I assumed that, like me, you were english- sorry. :S By the way I’m a she. LOL that sounds funny- a she. >_<

Posted by Grindylow_101 on February 02, 2012, 11:09 AM report to moderator
Azkaban_thumb

I liked it, but I do think that the movie version is less creepy. Still, I was a little dissapointed when they didn’t do the sceane in the Great Hall.

Posted by ChocoFrogs369 on February 03, 2012, 04:41 PM report to moderator

Hey, here’s an idea – how about concept art where Voldemort keels over dead like any other human would? I know it’s a little out there, but hey . . .

Posted by vinewood on February 04, 2012, 01:16 AM report to moderator

I see most people agree there should be a corpse, as opposed to a magical disappearing like that which happened in Godric’s Hollow. (Well said, vinewood.) Without a dead Tom Riddle, there is always the chance that Voldemort can return…Ooooh! Spooky! (ridiculing the Hollywood ending)

I’ll bet Jo would never agree to that, but when you consider the amounts of money involved, the movie industry can just wait until she dies and try to make another few billion from this story. As wrong as making up a dumber title for book 1 so us Americans wouldn’t be afraid to pick it up.

Posted by trontech on February 04, 2012, 09:41 AM report to moderator
Hike__feb

@vinewood: good point! :D

Posted by ChrissyT on February 06, 2012, 05:44 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I liked the death scene. It worked for the book but in a movie it would have seemed anti-climatic. Although I wished the fight was in the Great Hall and everyone was watching.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on February 11, 2012, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I was not impressed

Posted by Won_Two on March 01, 2012, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I think, overall the movie left much to be desired. Voldy’s deatht scene was hardly dramatic, they added in that weird scene where he and Harry chase eachother around the castle and Voldy is shooting Avada Kedavra curses at him, which he blocks several times (WHAT!?) and then they jump over the side of the castle and dissaparate, only to reappear right back where they started, only know without an audience (hello!? what happened here?)and Harry nd Voldy cast there spells, the wand leaves Voldy , to return to Harry, but then Voldy is reduced to ashes that float out of the screen, so that we can all inhale him!? I’m sorry, I was really dissapointed by most of part 2, however I feel that I can forgive most of the things blatantly disregarded (such as the policemen in Gringotts, which bothers me to no end) because the ending was absolutely perfect. When they began to play the music from the very first film, my eyes filled with tears, and I thought that I could be perfectly happy with all the adaptations. Though many things still bother me, when re-watching the films.

Posted by Jacket on March 17, 2012, 01:57 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Ah, there's Penelope!" said Percy, smoothing his hair and going pink again. Ginny caught Harry's eye, and they both turned away to hide their laughter as Percy strode over to a girl with long, curly hair, walking with his chest thrown out so that she cou