"Law Made Fun Through Harry Potter's Adventures" by Karen Morris and Bradley S. Carroll

Misc
Posted by: Stephanie_J
January 13, 2012, 09:29 PM

Can't get enough of Harry Potter? Curious about the Law?

Law Made Fun Through Harry Potter's Adventures
explores the intersection of Harry Potter's adventures and Muggle law (or the law of our society).

The book recounts vignettes from the Harry Potter series, discusses relevant Muggle law, and applies the law to the story lines.  Among the 99 topics addressed are identity theft (Polyjuice Potion), child abuse and neglect, bullying, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, hate crimes, abandonment of infants, teacher tenure, and much more.

Find out more about Law Made Fun Through Harry Potter's Adventures by visiting LawMadeFun.com.

This is a sponsored post.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Misc News

Raven_avatar_thumb

How about Pleasemen & Firelegs?

Posted by Won_Two on January 13, 2012, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

That’s really interesting! Never thought of this before…

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on January 13, 2012, 10:06 PM report to moderator

Hehe a sponsored message eh?

Posted by pottermate on January 13, 2012, 10:07 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

This is the second sponsored post I’ve seen. I think Leaky knows how wrong this is and, once again, I don’t appreciate this advertisement being presented as a news post. I used to run my blog from leaky, but Im starting to feel like I can’t even come here anymore. Honest truth.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on January 13, 2012, 11:49 PM report to moderator
Book_thumb

I also dislike the sponsored posts and the idea they represent. That said, why didn’t the publisher give Leaky a copy of the book so they could really review it and promote it legitimately? Odd because it would be so easy. Granted, it’s still a type of sponsorship but the writing itself wouldn’t be determined by the publisher, which is what makes it OK.

Posted by jillians642 on January 14, 2012, 01:00 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I note it’s about US law, and the books are set in various parts of the UK, where either the law of England and Wales would apply (London, Privet Drive, the Burrow etc) or Scottish law (Hogsmeade). Both of these are different from one another and very different from what applies in the USA. A book that talked about the real muggle law that would apply in these areas might actually be interesting. As it is, it sounds like a cash-in.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on January 14, 2012, 01:57 AM report to moderator

How interesting! I plan on picking up the book someday. :)

Posted by . on January 14, 2012, 02:16 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That’s interesting!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on January 14, 2012, 07:48 AM report to moderator

I would like to read the book that incorporates Muggle laws broken by wizards in the Muggle world, and WIZARD laws broken in the war, (even by our fave three) and what kind of system could have been in place to evaluate whether or not a particular criminal act is justified (yeah I assume they got off for breaking into Gringotts, but still, they did rob a bank, and surely that would have ruffled some goblin feathers). This book would of course have to be written by Jo. We know the Malfoys got excused due to their supposed “switch” near the end, so she MUST have some trials and things that she’s thought out. We know she couldn’t help herself.
That’s what I propose. A short companion book, “Records from the International Wizengamot War Crimes Tribunal”. Yeah. I want that.

Posted by pottermate on January 14, 2012, 08:46 AM report to moderator
Baron_haru___shall_we_dance____by_jasminealexandra_thumb

Hmmm, I wonder if Leaky is having financial trouble, and that’s why they have the posts

Posted by Ganduean-Vampiress on January 14, 2012, 08:54 AM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

Ganduean-vampiress, I don’t think leaky would do this unless they needed the money to run the site, but that hardly constitutes lacking creative thinking and thwarting principal. Don’t they see the daily prophet parallels?

Posted by abandonedboyjon on January 14, 2012, 12:09 PM report to moderator

Sounds like another witch hunt.

Posted by peterom on January 14, 2012, 03:07 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Why do we have to have sponsored posts yet miss much of the real news? It feels as if the site is not what it used to be. I’m tending to visit Mugglenet for the news as they are generally much more on the ball with what is of real interest.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on January 14, 2012, 03:44 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

Sounds cool! I mean, sometimes I think the laws and government oof our country is somewhat similar to what JK is stating in HP.

Posted by lovelle on January 14, 2012, 10:13 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Sounds like a good read. I never really put thought into the polyjuice potion one.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on January 15, 2012, 08:21 AM report to moderator

"Just thought you'd come nosing around, did you?" Harry shouted...[br]"Sorry about that," said Ron, his face reddening with anger. "Should've realized you didn't want to be disturbed. I'll let you get on with practicing for your next interview in peace."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014