Pottermore Welcome Emails to be Sent Out Daily

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
September 08, 2011, 04:06 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has been updated to say that Welcome Emails to beta registrants will now be sent out on a daily basis:

The good news is that we no longer expect to pause sending these (as mentioned in our Beta testing and Welcome emails post). Instead, we plan to send emails out daily over the next two weeks. As always, there’s a chance that our plans may alter as we assess the site and how it is reacting to new users but we will update you if anything changes.

For those who will be joining Pottermore over the next two weeks, don’t forget to read our From duelling to potions post and check our Help page for answers to any other questions you have about the site.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Congrats also to miss molly! Hope the site’s back up soon!

I had to laugh yesterday morning as I did my usual pottermore seach on Twitter – it had exploded with “OMG POTTERMORE IS DOWN

Hmmm…. wonder if the site was down? ;)

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 10, 2011, 10:59 AM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

It’s really fantastic to hear that day 4s are getting their mails!!!!!!!!!! It was about time! I’m a day 5 and are still waiting for my mail!!! Enjoy POTTERMORE guys!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 10, 2011, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Day 3 and I finally get the letter, & it takes me to a “Sorry but the site is undergoing repairs” notice! GEEZE! :+/

Posted by Won_Two on September 10, 2011, 11:13 AM report to moderator

I’m a day 3, got my email!

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 10, 2011, 11:13 AM report to moderator

Thanks MagicBclPlyer I hope it gets working some time today. We are having a rainy day here in Florida so I’m just going to relax inside with a good book and checking on PM :)
Am I one of the only people that are not really worried about which house I get? I hear some people are so upset they are going create new accounts because they don’t want to be in the house PM sorted them in and some are sabotaging house points because they don’t agree with the house assignment. I have a house that I associate with more then the others but I would not care one bit if I get put in another house on PM. Just wondering.

Posted by mlc on September 10, 2011, 11:25 AM report to moderator

I’m shallow, I want to be in the house with the colors I look best in. I would be so disappointed if I couldn’t wear my house colors. I am actually nervous because part of me wants each house, and I want to learn everything about every house. In october I making everyone I know make an account so I can read/see about the different houses. The not knowing which house I’m in is nice because there is the possiblity for each of them.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 10, 2011, 11:36 AM report to moderator

And even more congrats to Won and wildpumpkin! It seems the site is back up, so have fun playing!

Halfblood, we’re getting closer!

miss molly, while I have a rough order of preference for house, I’m determined to embrace whichever house I’m in. Even that preference didn’t really take hold until this whole Pottermore thing. But now that I’ll get officially sorted, I may have to buy some house swag when we go to Orlando in February :)

My house preference would be Hufflepuff → Ravenclaw → Gryffindor → Slytherin. I just don’t relate at all to the snakes, so I’ll admit I’ll be very surprised if that’s where the hat puts me. But I do like green, so I’ll just make the most of it :)

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 10, 2011, 11:40 AM report to moderator

Hey I just got my email :D add me errbody SnitchSickle17

Posted by liammks on September 10, 2011, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Wolfsleep_thumb

Not sure if this question has been asked in a previous thread, but..
Has anyone checked out YouTube videos on what the Pottermore site looks like? Or are you totally waiting to be surprised??

Posted by Canilup on September 10, 2011, 11:50 AM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

@liammks: Congratulations!!! What day are you?
Have fun on PM!!!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 10, 2011, 11:51 AM report to moderator

Finally got into PM this morning( day 4) and I must say I am quite impressed so far. I will be roaming the halls of Hogwarts as BronzeStrike102 carrying my 13 1/4 inch rigid Spruce wand with a Phoenix feather core. When I’m not getting into trouble I can be found lounging in the Gryffindor common room. Hope to see you all real soon.

Posted by BronzeStrike102 on September 10, 2011, 12:02 PM report to moderator

Congrats, liammks and Bronze!

@Camilup, I’m generally staying away from spoilers. I’ll look at screenshots of the Great Hall in order to see student counts and I don’t mind hearing that info exists on something, but I don’t want to know any more details than that (i.e. I know that some specific characters have backstories, but I couldn’t tell you what those stories are). And I do like hearing everyone’s wand stats. I can’t even begin to guess what kind of wand I’ll get!

Oh, and I’ll be PumpkinCloak111 when I finally get accepted!

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 10, 2011, 12:08 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

I just want to be suprised!!! We can have an idea from the ilustrations that’ve already appeared on Insider but I want to see for myself the rest of it!
Come on PM, knock me off of my feet!!!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 10, 2011, 12:08 PM report to moderator

Just my luck I finally get in and the site keeps crashing.

Posted by BronzeStrike102 on September 10, 2011, 12:23 PM report to moderator

Received my email this morning. I was only able to browse around for about ten min, then it became unavailable. Said to try again later. I’ve kept checking, unable to get back in so far.

Posted by cunningham7 on September 10, 2011, 12:34 PM report to moderator

"It's classified information, until such time as the Ministry decides to release it," said Percy stiffly. "Mr. Crouch was quite right not to disclose it."[br]"Oh shut up, Weatherby," said Fred.