Pottermore Welcome Emails to be Sent Out Daily

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
September 08, 2011, 04:06 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has been updated to say that Welcome Emails to beta registrants will now be sent out on a daily basis:

The good news is that we no longer expect to pause sending these (as mentioned in our Beta testing and Welcome emails post). Instead, we plan to send emails out daily over the next two weeks. As always, there’s a chance that our plans may alter as we assess the site and how it is reacting to new users but we will update you if anything changes.

For those who will be joining Pottermore over the next two weeks, don’t forget to read our From duelling to potions post and check our Help page for answers to any other questions you have about the site.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

I’m new to leaky, though I have been following it for years. This thread has really helped with the long wait! I am a day 6 beta and got my e-mail late last night. Had to work today, and haven’t been able to get in yet…The heavy traffic (understandable, though it is), and some of us unable to get in yet even for the first time may help account for the lower-than-expected numbers sorted.

Posted by phoenixsong56 on September 27, 2011, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_thumb

Yay I finally got my Welcome email!!!! Finally my owl has come for me!!! by the way does anyone know how to get sorted? Do I go through Diagon Alley? Or do something else? Also, my username is LumosFirebolt144

Posted by Celticenchantress on September 27, 2011, 06:41 PM report to moderator
Owl5_thumb

Congratulations everyone who has got their email.

Now to business: As some of you are no doubt aware Mirror, Phoenix and I are on another Thread and one of our members got their welcome email some time back, but because of work etc they couldn’t enter right away, so they waited. Any way they managed to get the time so that they could finally enjoy Pottermore and were progressing nicely through the site, untill that is they arrived at Chapter 5 Diagon Alley and Gringotts.

This is when the story takes a turn for the worse. They found their key and went to gringotts got their Galleons added to their account and then watched them disappear. They and others in a similar position are now stranded without a wand, house, galleons or anyway to go forward and have been since mid august.

We on the other thread have all contacted Pottermore but to no avail, the powers that be are not listening. So tonight we decided to launch a campaign and this is where all of you come in.

We are calling it the “Give FlooStorm162 his Galleons Back Pottermore” campaign, and ok so it mentions one name but if we get them listening it will help all that are currently in limbo in Pottermore.

So why should you help, simple cos it could have been you and wouldn’t you hope that someone would care enough to help you.

What can you do, also simple please forward this campaign to as many places and people connected with Pottermore, Sony and Harry Potter along with the usual places like Twitter and Facebook. The more that know about it the quicker the problem will get sorted.

Thanks for listening
Vikkiomega aka StormThestral135
St Mungo’s SPEW member

Posted by VIkkiomega aka Storm on September 27, 2011, 07:00 PM report to moderator
Owl5_thumb

PS when sending anything please be polite but firm about it, as we don’t want anyone kicked off anywhere because of the campaign, thanks x

Posted by VIkkiomega aka Storm on September 27, 2011, 07:04 PM report to moderator

Well, I finally got in and am working my way through Chapter 4. Traffic must be heavy, because I keep getting the pink screen….

Posted by phoenixsong56 on September 27, 2011, 11:23 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

I have found something that seems to work to restore access to Pottermore when the PSOD appears while in Pottermore. First thought would be to Reload the page (ctrl-R). It works occasionally.

Instead, I have a Bookmark setup at:

www.pottermore.com/en-us/

clicking this bookmark gets me back in Pottermore 9 out of 10 times.

I would suggest that www.pottermore.com/en-uk/ could also be tried.

Try this for the PSOD and post the results, please.

Posted by AurorPhoenix aka Phoenix on September 28, 2011, 12:32 AM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Since everyone has access to Pottermore and can see the displays in the Great Hall, it would seem the posting of the student counts is no longer needed.

Posted by AurorPhoenix aka Phoenix on September 28, 2011, 09:08 AM report to moderator

Finally got back inhere- Where is everyone now?
Anyone know how many frog cards there are?

Posted by Doxie2962 on October 04, 2011, 04:50 PM report to moderator

I had trouble getting in for awhile, too! I have 11 frog cards, but not sure how many there are.

Posted by phoenixsong56 on October 08, 2011, 08:25 AM report to moderator

Thanks@ phoenixsong56- I only found 10 but pottermore has been really glitchy.

Posted by Doxie2962 on October 08, 2011, 04:00 PM report to moderator

Yeah, finally back on here …

i think there are 11 frog cards but i can only find 10 ….

Posted by IceRose133 on October 10, 2011, 06:43 AM report to moderator

"Known it fer years, Harry. Knew [Voldemort] was out there, bidin' his time. It had ter happen. Well, now it has, an' we'll jus' have ter get on with it. We'll fight. Migh' be able ter stop him before he gets a good hold. That's Dumbledore's plan, anyway.