Pottermore Welcome Emails to be Sent Out Daily

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
September 08, 2011, 04:06 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has been updated to say that Welcome Emails to beta registrants will now be sent out on a daily basis:

The good news is that we no longer expect to pause sending these (as mentioned in our Beta testing and Welcome emails post). Instead, we plan to send emails out daily over the next two weeks. As always, there’s a chance that our plans may alter as we assess the site and how it is reacting to new users but we will update you if anything changes.

For those who will be joining Pottermore over the next two weeks, don’t forget to read our From duelling to potions post and check our Help page for answers to any other questions you have about the site.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

So happy everyone has gotten their e-mail FINALLY c: Yaaaay!

Posted by lolstasia on September 27, 2011, 11:35 AM report to moderator

But. I dont see the point when they’re “restricting access” and the entire thing is down anyway. If they weren’t ready, they weren’t ready!!

Posted by lolstasia on September 27, 2011, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ lolstasia Maybe it isn’t down entirely?
Guys, I wonder: 494,919 now inside, and they say they’ve sent all emails. I reckon they’re a lot on PM, bcs of how it behaves. BUT I can’t imagine they are another X hundred thousands entering and going around right now, not X=5. So, I ask you: doesn’t seem possible to you that we see, in The Great Hall, only the ones which applied in English? Bcs I can’t access the other languages versions, I can’t prove my theory (I complained to PMabout restricting access this way). Anyone of you knows someone with an account in another language (guess you don’t have one!)? Too bad Noz isn’t here.

Posted by cb160 on September 27, 2011, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

And I feel like making a little fuss: I also uploaded a drawing today, made whileexpecting Forgetfulness to brew…

Posted by cb160 on September 27, 2011, 11:50 AM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

cb160: I was sort of thinking the same thing, it doesn’t make sense that they’re saying they’ve sent out a million and we’re only seeing half that number. It would make sense that we can only see our own language count just like we can only see our own language comments. Though I have noticed some people in the comments do not have English as a first language, they must be from one of the non-official languages.

Posted by Sauvium ROAR!? on September 27, 2011, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ Sauvium But don’t you know anyone with an account in another language than English?

Posted by cb160 on September 27, 2011, 12:00 PM report to moderator

If you take into consideration the fact that some people registered multiple accounts then the count might not go much further than it is till they open registration to everyone.

Posted by BronzeStrike102 on September 27, 2011, 12:04 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ Bronze I took it into account, but seems to large of a number to complete…

Posted by cb160 on September 27, 2011, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

Cb160, no I don’t :( Though maybe I can make a French account when the site opens in October to test the theory. I can read the language so I should be able to make it far enough to check it out.

Posted by Sauvium ROAR!? on September 27, 2011, 12:07 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

PM keeps kicking me out and coming back… I think I’ve had enough for one day! See you tomorrow, guys…

Posted by cb160 on September 27, 2011, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ sauvium Well, I can do one in Spanish or French, but I just wanted to check now this theory…

Posted by cb160 on September 27, 2011, 12:11 PM report to moderator

it’s probably because the other half didn’t get to the sorting part yet

Posted by chochang136 on September 27, 2011, 12:27 PM report to moderator

Im in at last.. cant believe i have to wait a whole day to login with my welcome email in hand.

Posted by draconiscentaur4 on September 27, 2011, 12:38 PM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

The site was pretty good today until about an hour ago. Now it’s the pink screen of death over and over again.

Posted by Sauvium ROAR!? on September 27, 2011, 04:19 PM report to moderator

at least we’re all in ^^ <3

Posted by chochang136 on September 27, 2011, 05:35 PM report to moderator

For one brief moment, the great black dog reared onto its hind legs and placed its front paws on Harry's shoulders, but Mrs. Weasley shoved Harry away toward the train door hissing, "For heaven's sake act more like a dog, Sirius!"