Pottermore Welcome Emails to be Sent Out Daily

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
September 08, 2011, 04:06 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has been updated to say that Welcome Emails to beta registrants will now be sent out on a daily basis:

The good news is that we no longer expect to pause sending these (as mentioned in our Beta testing and Welcome emails post). Instead, we plan to send emails out daily over the next two weeks. As always, there’s a chance that our plans may alter as we assess the site and how it is reacting to new users but we will update you if anything changes.

For those who will be joining Pottermore over the next two weeks, don’t forget to read our From duelling to potions post and check our Help page for answers to any other questions you have about the site.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Owl_thumb

Imma day 5 I think. enough bragging people!! :)

Posted by farewell_fred on September 09, 2011, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

day 3 here…still no email. any day 3’s out there still waiting for theirs as well?

Posted by jennluvsharry on September 09, 2011, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

Posted by jennluvsharry on September 09, 2011, 04:56 PM report to moderator

I know a day 4 who got their email, I’m a day 3 and still don’t have mine.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 09, 2011, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I haven’t gotten on, but my friend has, so I checked it out with her! Its AMAZING! Can’t wait to get an account!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 09, 2011, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Out of a group of 16, all the day 1’s are in. All the day 2"s are in. Half the day 3’s are in. No one day 4 and later are in.

Posted by AurorPhoenix aka Phoenix on September 09, 2011, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

Is it just me or the 3s have taken A LOT of time to get in? Does anybody know (or have an idea) of how many ppl found the quilll each day?

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 09, 2011, 05:47 PM report to moderator

@Halfblood Princess. It’s hard to say. In the beginning, I thought that PM would have divided the 1,000,000 spots equally between the 7 days but it does not seem likely. If all of day 1 and 2 are in and part of day 3 people are in, the numbers would be larger in the student count if they had it where 142,857 were in for each day. We’d being seeing at least 300,000 students by now. In another of the LC blogs, roonwit had the idea that maybe there were fewer people for days 1 and 2 and more people towards the later days. Unless PM insider says something, it is hard to say for sure. Hopefully they’ll let bigger and bigger batches in over the next few days. The faster they do that the faster we all get in!!

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 09, 2011, 06:05 PM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

Yay! Maybe there’s hope for me yet…

Posted by AvanelleWood on September 09, 2011, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

I think each day was allocated an even share of places, but email address errors and delivery problems, meant that a significant proportion of accounts weren’t verified successfully for the first two days. The unverified places would be reallocated to later days, possibly to the next available day, possibly evenly between the remaining days. But is certainly possible that unverified day 1 places were added to day 3, making the numbers on that day bigger.

Posted by roonwit on September 09, 2011, 06:33 PM report to moderator

I can’t be sure but I think day three just started this week with monday being day 2 and 3.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 09, 2011, 06:42 PM report to moderator

@roonwit: so they could be going by the day you verified your account? I remember some email accounts had delays like yahoo mail and that could have played a role when people were able to verify. Also, didn’t you have to verify your account in order to qualify to be one of the lucky early entrants? I know on the PM website it said that not all people who found the quill would be granted early access unless they verified their account within 48 hours..or something like that. That makes sense. Thanks!

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 09, 2011, 06:43 PM report to moderator

I found the quill on day 3 but never got my verification. I waited the 48 hours and then tried again on day 6. This time it worked. I’m sure there were loads of people who were in my same boat.

Posted by Doxie2962 on September 09, 2011, 07:07 PM report to moderator

@Doxie wow that would make me bitter.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 09, 2011, 07:14 PM report to moderator
Wolfsleep_thumb

Some of my fave twits:
*Pottermore will now be sending welcome emails out daily. Now would be the time to apologize in advance to your refresh button.
*About to get sorted on Pottermore. God, I’m so nervous. Please don’t let me have an identity crisis! Slytherin… Slytherin… Slytherin…
*Pottermore, Y U NO SEND ME WELCOME EMAIL YET?

Posted by Canilup on September 09, 2011, 07:20 PM report to moderator

He put back his terrible face and sniffed, his slit-like nostrils widening.[br]"I smell guilt," he said. "There is a stench of guilt upon the air."[br]A second shiver ran around the circle, as though each member of it longed, but did not dare, to step bac