More Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent; Have You Gained Access Yet?

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2011, 02:23 PM

It seems as if the Pottermore owls are being sent out with even more regularity this week, as the Pottermore Insider Blog has been updated again noting even more welcome emails have just been sent to early beta access users.

A question now for Leaky readers: Have you gotten beta access to Pottermore yet?  If you've been among the lucky bunch to gain early access to the site, please do share your thoughts in the comments below.  We may feature your review in a future update!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

So what’s the latest house count?

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 07, 2011, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

Thanks, Halfblood Princess, Mencia, and MagicBclPlyr. I’ve been enjoying it! Hope you guys gets your welcome emails soon!!

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 07, 2011, 01:42 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@MagicBclPlyr:

G = 55,228
R = 55,939
H = 55,830
S = 54,772

Total = 221,769

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 07, 2011, 01:45 PM report to moderator

Thanks! Good to see numbers creeping up. Wonder if there will or won’t be a batch going out today… Have seen a few excited tweets but don’t know if it’s from a new batch or just email lag from yesterday.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 07, 2011, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

I definitely had an email lag yesterday. I got my letter 10 hours after the update on Insider said they were sent.

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 07, 2011, 02:04 PM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

Still no e-mail. I happen to have a lot of free time right now, which will be ending next week. I’m sure that’s when I’ll get my e-mail too.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on September 07, 2011, 02:10 PM report to moderator

I think they don’t want people to get to know each other in private, only in the group form of the common room. Protects the site from pedaphiles and such. If you don’t want everyone to see it, you can’t say it.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 07, 2011, 02:16 PM report to moderator

Right, but then why say “Please make sure you know a person before accepting their friend request” or whatever it says? How CAN you know them, unless you know them from your real life?

Posted by songbird on September 07, 2011, 02:47 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

@ Livi22-((ROAR!!)) pg 1 of the form: it’s not for you to feel guilty bc the rest of us have not gotten in yet. I’m a day 6’er and I’m glad you’re in bc it means that you can tell the rest of us what it’s like- by the way congratulations.
When you guys get in can you tell us what “day” you are so we can keep up with what days are getting in.
@Matea pg 3 and @ tim_2006 pg 2: you are day 3 and 4 and day 3,4,5,6, and 7??? You applied for multiple accounts? Maybe that is why you are not in bc I believe someone mentioned tht they eliminated those with multiple accounts.
@ fawkes4444 I’m with you. I was thinking the same. I’m a day 6’er too. Welcome aboard day 6’ers MagicalMe and MagicBclPlyr. I’m glad to hear from you.
Thanks @ Gene ROAR and @ Vicki_The_House_Elf ROAR ϟ , on pg 6 of this forum, @ songbird, elanor17,and Mad But Happy on pg 7 for those great updates.
Congratulations to all who got in and an especially strong congratulation to @purplehogwarts who has been so voiceful on previous PM forms.

Posted by molly43 on September 07, 2011, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Congrats from me too, purplehogwarts! Last count I saw on Twitter was 222.717 students – though I’m not in yet, I’m a day 4.

Posted by cb160 on September 07, 2011, 03:37 PM report to moderator

However because of privacy they have no way to verify if i created multiple accounts. I have not blabbed my screen names on any website.How could the verify anything? If i created different emails and using actual relatives names. They sure couldn’t.

Posted by tim_2006 on September 07, 2011, 04:40 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

songbird: It actually says “please make sure you know who they are before you accept” which isn’t as strict as knowing them.

Posted by roonwit on September 07, 2011, 04:42 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ tim_2006 Yea, but if you use the same IP, they can have at least suspicions… By the way, just having fun with Twitter – some portuguese speaker was complaining about making two accounts and having been sorted into Slytherin on BOTH… Ha!

Posted by cb160 on September 07, 2011, 04:45 PM report to moderator

Is it too late to get in? I don’t know how to do it.

Posted by SybilT on September 07, 2011, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Why would anyone have multiple accounts? I can’t think of one legitimate reason for that. Am I missing something?

Posted by LovesLaborLost on September 07, 2011, 04:50 PM report to moderator

Dudley, who was so large his bottom drooped over either side of the kitchen chair, grinned and turned to Harry.[br]"Pass the frying pan."[br]"You've forgotten the magic word," said Harry irritably.