More Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent; Have You Gained Access Yet?

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2011, 02:23 PM

It seems as if the Pottermore owls are being sent out with even more regularity this week, as the Pottermore Insider Blog has been updated again noting even more welcome emails have just been sent to early beta access users.

A question now for Leaky readers: Have you gotten beta access to Pottermore yet?  If you've been among the lucky bunch to gain early access to the site, please do share your thoughts in the comments below.  We may feature your review in a future update!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Keep_calm_thumb

I’m in and in Gryffindor!! It’s always been my house but it makes it official! Pottermore is the bees knees.

Posted by Narglesarereal on September 06, 2011, 08:41 PM report to moderator

I didn’t get e mail. :( I am more patient. :)

Posted by scottw on September 06, 2011, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Harryhedwig_1__thumb

tear i got in at day 7 and havent got my letter :,( Oh well, i guess since i got in the last day, i have to wait longer

Posted by Valeria Isabel on September 06, 2011, 09:25 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

I had gained access.

Pottermore is such an amazing experience. The length of detail to see is astonishing. We get to go through chapters by chapters and every moment has fantastic moving pictures that you can zoom in and out to make new discovery! Of course, the Sorting is one of the most fun. Among all of the many early access users, we had seen several who got into the house they never expected to be in. Much to their despair, we persuade them to accept it. The Sorting Hat will ask you a series of question to test your personality, one of the most interesting point is that you never get to see which question leads to the house you want, a lot of people try to beat the system who utterly failed. We also have to get a wand. Mine is Beech, 13 inches, Dragon Heartstring, Reasonably Supple. Ollivander will select the wand most suitable for you by analyzing your personality. We also get to read exclusive details of wand wood and cores. Out of all, we can also compete for house cup by earning points through potion and dueling. This is a serious business and fail to complete it would result in losing point. We can also find potion ingredients, cauldrons, school equipment, pets and Gringott in Diagon Alley. There are some shops not opened yet but we look forward to the grand opening.
Posted by Gene *ROAR* on September 06, 2011, 10:15 PM report to moderator

I was a day 2er and got in last week my sister is a day 3er and still hasn’t gotten her email yet

Posted by witbeyondmeasure on September 06, 2011, 10:20 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I got my email two days ago (after completely giving up any hope that I’d ever be anything other than a Muggle) and immediately (and loudly) screamed!
I was sorted into Slytherin, which was one hell of a shock considering I’d always thought of myself as a Gryffindor. But that shock wasn’t going to stop me from enjoying the site, being a team player and gaining points for my house.
I was amazed by the detailed wand descriptions, they got my personality bang on. (Black Walnut with Dragon core. Nine and three quarter inches. Supple.)
The art work is exquisite and the new information is fascinating. Learning all about McGonagall made me a bit teary, I’m completely in love with her now! And the unexpected information about Ollivander was brilliant, he sounds like an incredibly fascinating man.
The potions are very difficult but I’m determined to master them, I wouldn’t want to disappoint my head of house! :D
Collecting items for your trunk is good fun. As is collecting Galleons, and then spending them (I’m an Aries, I can’t deny my love of shopping!). :D
Hopefully the duels will be back up soon as I’d love to have a go.
I finished the first book a few hours ago and can safely say that any hardcore book fan is going to adore it. It’s Harry Potter paradise!
If the website is any representation of how much Jo appreciates her fans then boy are we lucky!
My name’s SpiritJinx68, feel free to add me! :)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 06, 2011, 10:21 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Oh, and for people wondering, there are currently about 208,000 students!
And I got the quill on the second day. And my email took four hours to get to me, so keep checking.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 06, 2011, 10:32 PM report to moderator

Just saw 212,026 on Twitter.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 07, 2011, 12:02 AM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

Just got my welcome email 2 hours ago!!! Day 3-er! Hogwarts here I come!!!

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 07, 2011, 01:39 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_1_thumb

No access for me yet and I registered on day 3. I hope it’s soon!

Posted by wallflower1971 on September 07, 2011, 02:02 AM report to moderator
Bild_thumb

I got in yeaterday and I am loving it. I do hope they let the rest of you in very soon.

Posted by ElinJ*ROAR* on September 07, 2011, 03:01 AM report to moderator
Royaltyofnarniaavie3_thumb

I was one of those lucky people who got in the second day of sending out emails. So I’ve been there a long time now and I absolutely love it! It doesn’t matter for me that I finished all the chapters now, and going over them again and enjoying the beautiful artwork won’t get boring to me. Also I’m trying to earn points for my House now, Hufflepuff is losing, but we don’t really mind it that much, we’re all working extremely hard. By being on there since the beginning of the beta, I’ve also noticed some good improvements and glitches repaired. They’re really working so hard on it. It really feels like an enormous present from Jo, her background info is so amazing! It’s what we wanted and then so much more… :)

Posted by lollifant on September 07, 2011, 04:09 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I hope i’m the luck one this week

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 07, 2011, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Snapeseverus2_thumb

Not yet :-(

Posted by Severus_Silver_Doe on September 07, 2011, 07:04 AM report to moderator
Anime-halloween-witch-greetings_thumb

yay!

i’ve got into pottermore this time-finally~

Posted by Paitrix...{WBM} on September 07, 2011, 09:00 AM report to moderator

"One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books."