More Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent; Have You Gained Access Yet?

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2011, 02:23 PM

It seems as if the Pottermore owls are being sent out with even more regularity this week, as the Pottermore Insider Blog has been updated again noting even more welcome emails have just been sent to early beta access users.

A question now for Leaky readers: Have you gotten beta access to Pottermore yet?  If you've been among the lucky bunch to gain early access to the site, please do share your thoughts in the comments below.  We may feature your review in a future update!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Stmungosspew_thumb

I am a day 3-er and got in today!!! Pottermore is so amazing, and the artwork is fantastic!!!

Posted by ahaque521 on September 06, 2011, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

MagicalMe^_^: The sorted count is 206,413.

Posted by roonwit on September 06, 2011, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Dumbledore_and_elder_wand_thumb

No I haven’t. Why??????

Posted by eru on September 06, 2011, 07:15 PM report to moderator

Thanks roonwit! I’m glad the numbers are going up!!

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 06, 2011, 07:19 PM report to moderator
The-two-hardest-things-to-say-in-life-are-hello-for-the-first-time-and-goodbye-for-the-last_thumb

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i tried to register on day 2 and NEVER GOT MY EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! i then had to wait until day 4 to try again and after finally succeeding i still cant actually get on pottermore!?? sooo messed up!! i was up till 2 in the morning! thats my dedication to hp and i cant get on pottermore!!!!!!!!

Posted by the mudblood princess:)/ginnylove101 {WBM}=:) on September 06, 2011, 07:29 PM report to moderator

This is just my thought…If PM is giving out welcome letters in the order by which people got the magical quill, it may be safe to assume that for each day about 142,857 registered. Since they are on Day 3 registrants, does that mean that all of Days 1 and 2 are in? I know in the beginning welcome letters went out to people from other days but it seems like the majority were from the first day of the quill challenge. ..okay back to my thinking. If Days 1 and 2 are all in (since they started day 3) then around 285,714 people should have received their welcome emails…After Day 3 people 428,571 should have gotten them. I’m thinking more than likely that the numbers of students on PM does not reflect the amount of welcome emails sent out..if they are going in order by day now. It could be that there are people that have not checked their emails or did not bother to get sorted yet. If this is the case, then maybe PM is sending out a lot of emails after all.. If this is the case..then I can’t wait to get my letter!! Thank you for those of you who have kept the constant updates! They help keep me sane during this waiting period (:

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 06, 2011, 07:37 PM report to moderator

MagicalMe: I wonder how many people got accounts with the intent to sell. Maybe there are non potter fans with multiple accounts that will not use them. Maybe just wishful thinking as everyday is one day closer to my turn.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 06, 2011, 07:43 PM report to moderator

I’m day 4, and I still haven’t gotten in. I am constantly checking my emails, though. Has anyone heard Lauren Fairweather’s pottermore song? She posted it on her youtube channel, devilishlypure, today.

Posted by chochang4eva on September 06, 2011, 07:45 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

@Laurenmyrtle love the video. Nope still waiting. Is it really on a day by day basis. Where’d you here this? I’m on Day 4 and there’s still only 20% of the beta people on Pottermore as we speak (love the way we have something to talk about after DH2, ain’t over just yet!)

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 06, 2011, 07:49 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

MagicalMe^_^: Day 1 and 2 probably had fewer registrations than later days, because some accounts may not have been verified due to the mail delays, or mistyped email addresses, but these unfilled places would have been made available during later days when they had sorted out some of the email problems. Of course this assumes Pottermore distributed the places evenly between the days and they might not have done.

Posted by roonwit on September 06, 2011, 07:49 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

@chochang4eva, yeah I just saw it, good video, I’m in the same boat

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 06, 2011, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Wall_thumb

I got in on Day 2 and for some reason I got my welcome letter the second day Pottermore was opened. My husband also go in on Day 2 but he didn’t get his welcome letter until last Sunday. The art work is wonderful and leaves characters to your imagination. Someday I’ll brew a forgetfulness potion and forget all the times it didn’t work. I have a great appreciation for how hard potions was for Harry, you really have to pay close attention. I love to read the comments of the newly sorted, so I’m often in the Sorting Hat chapter. Remember to take your time choosing your answers when your wand chooses you and when you are sorted. The questions are very interesting and not what you would expect. I hope everyone’s welcome letter is winging it’s way to you right now, though you’ll find it’s worth the wait whenever it comes.

Posted by Loader Lady on September 06, 2011, 07:57 PM report to moderator

You’re right roonwit. That may be the case also. It could be that Days 1 and 2 had fewer registrations and maybe they allotted more for the later days as the questions got easier and easier..assuming more people tried to register during those days. The only thing we can go by for sure is the student count on PM is a good indication to guess how many welcome letters went out and what days are receiving them.

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 06, 2011, 08:11 PM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

day 3 and still waiting for my owl. 2 friends of mine also day 3 have not gotten theirs yet either. if they are on day 3, it should be soon (i hope!)

Posted by jennluvsharry on September 06, 2011, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_thumb

I’m in and in Gryffindor!! It’s always been my house but it makes it official! Pottermore is the bees knees.

Posted by Narglesarereal on September 06, 2011, 08:41 PM report to moderator

"What do you like me to call you when we're alone together?" [br]Even by the dim light of the lantern Harry could tell that Mrs. Weasley had turned bright red...[br]"Mollywobbles," whispered a mortified Mrs. Weasley into the crack at the edge of the door.