More Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent; Have You Gained Access Yet?

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2011, 02:23 PM

It seems as if the Pottermore owls are being sent out with even more regularity this week, as the Pottermore Insider Blog has been updated again noting even more welcome emails have just been sent to early beta access users.

A question now for Leaky readers: Have you gotten beta access to Pottermore yet?  If you've been among the lucky bunch to gain early access to the site, please do share your thoughts in the comments below.  We may feature your review in a future update!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

I got the magical quill on day 6 so I obviously did not receive PM access yet. I’m not as obsessed as I once was when welcome letters were first sent out since it seems likely that they are sending out emails in the order that people got the quill ..or in the order that people verified their accounts. I don’t see much of a type of feedback I’ll be able to give by the time I’m allowed on PM..it kind of seems crazy that the vast majority is still waiting to get in and October just keeps creeping closer and closer. Maybe the later people will just give feedback in terms of the server load capacity?? It doesn’t seem like much feedback if a lot of beta people are let in right before the site launches to the public in October. We’ll see. I’ll just keep trying to wait semi-patiently until my welcome email arrives. I’m glad Day 3 people are finally in PM. That means one more day closer to the day I registered (:

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 06, 2011, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

wow, some people are getting really nasty. How ungrateful, considering the wonderful gift Jo is trying to give her fans. This is FREE after all. Most HP fans have been really lovely, but I guess there are bad apples in every bunch.

Posted by LovesLaborLost on September 06, 2011, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Oh, and that was NOT address to you, MagicalMe. Sorry, I just noticed that with my post posting directly below your post.

Posted by LovesLaborLost on September 06, 2011, 05:34 PM report to moderator

I am glad to see someone from Day 6. I was beginning to wonder if there were any Day 6ers checking in here. Very glad to see Day 3ers are starting to receive their emails arrive.

Posted by fawkes4444 on September 06, 2011, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

I got my email on Friday but now I’m a Gryffindor! Yikes!

Posted by Girlraven1 on September 06, 2011, 06:00 PM report to moderator

Girlraven1: what house did you think you’d be? Congrats on getting in.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 06, 2011, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

I got in! WOOHOO!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on September 06, 2011, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

If only I was in. Oh well, Jo knows we are getting impatient and she is letting us wait so that the experience can be magical for us. The site is still “BETA” after all. Just relax people. Tomorrow is the 7th. a magical number. Be glad you got early access.

Posted by silverkacy on September 06, 2011, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Ha

No e-mail for me yet. :’(

Posted by B.Potter.Q on September 06, 2011, 06:31 PM report to moderator

waves to MagicalMe and fawkes another Day 6er here – no email yet. Trying to soothe my soul by watching the numbers go up (at least we’re finally over 200K!)

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 06, 2011, 06:47 PM report to moderator

I have access, and I wrote a review of Pottermore on my blog: http://www.danahuff.net/?p=3203. You are welcome to link to/quote from it if you would like.

Posted by danahuff on September 06, 2011, 06:49 PM report to moderator

Yay more day 6ers!!! For a while, I thought I was the only one! I can’t wait until we’re all let in!!! I thought I’d read Sorcerer’s Stone while waiting but I already finished it..so now starting on CoS. Since it’s still September, I’m going to keep hoping that PM sticks to their word and allows us access by the end of this month! Hopefully sooner rather than later! I hope last week was “pause” because it was short..unless by “pause” they meant like a week without welcome emails? Crossing fingers for more welcome emails!!

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 06, 2011, 06:55 PM report to moderator

Does anyone know the count of students?

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 06, 2011, 06:56 PM report to moderator

How many people who got in the first week (15/8/11) continue back to the website? Just wondering because that maybe part of the slow staggering of entrants.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 06, 2011, 06:59 PM report to moderator
Owl_bookstoppers_thumb

I registered on day 3, and still no Email! I just want the owl to come! I check everday, and I think it just gets more and more discouraging! Ah, well. I have faith in Jo.

Posted by Hermione Weasley on September 06, 2011, 07:00 PM report to moderator

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."