More Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent; Have You Gained Access Yet?

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2011, 02:23 PM

It seems as if the Pottermore owls are being sent out with even more regularity this week, as the Pottermore Insider Blog has been updated again noting even more welcome emails have just been sent to early beta access users.

A question now for Leaky readers: Have you gotten beta access to Pottermore yet?  If you've been among the lucky bunch to gain early access to the site, please do share your thoughts in the comments below.  We may feature your review in a future update!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Rumbleroar__by_weddersins_thumb

got my email this morning! though had to wait after school to get in but still. It’s definitely worth the wait guys, so hang in there! I’m in hufflepuff (as expected) and it’s great to find out about a less known house

add me :) ChestFloo107

Posted by RumbleRoarrrrr on September 08, 2011, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Rumbleroar__by_weddersins_thumb

*ChestnutFloo107 ooops

Posted by RumbleRoarrrrr on September 08, 2011, 02:59 PM report to moderator

Congrats, Rumble! Good to see more of our ranks getting in!

And I was thrilled to see the “going out daily” post from the Insider when I got home a few minutes ago! I’m so happy to be wrong about the pause :D

Of course, the immediate question I have is, Are they going to try to get everyone else in in these next two weeks, or will there still be some folks left out until after that? I can’t leave well enough alone, can I? ;) I hope they’re aiming to get everyone in, as that would allow them a week or so in September without new registrants in order to work on remaining issues.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 08, 2011, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Congrats @Rosmerta&Rumble! I still haven’t got my letter; @MagicBclPlyr Glad to see I was right yesterday about the pause being out of the picture, and don’t be afraid, I also feel they’ll get everyone in, just remember the update mentioned that things may change on the way, according with how the site is reacting to the amount of ppl.

Posted by cb160 on September 08, 2011, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

Awesome! Now I really do feel I have good possibilities in getting into PM in the next two weeks!!!!!! Yayyyy!!!!!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 08, 2011, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Wish for a fresher count!

Posted by cb160 on September 08, 2011, 04:37 PM report to moderator

Just saw 243,662 on twitter

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 08, 2011, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@MagicBclPlyr Still 43,000 to complete 2 day’s amount, I guess. More or less… But since I’ve heard ppl from day 3 have already gotten their mail, I’m a bit confused.

Posted by cb160 on September 08, 2011, 05:10 PM report to moderator

Already 2K more: 245,626

@cb160: I wonder if they’re going “roughly” in the order of days? Or maybe a chunk of day 2s haven’t checked their email yet? I’m confused, too.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 08, 2011, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

cb160: Remember however that there were problems with email in the first couple of days and Pottermore reported that about 10% of emails were invalid. These would reduce the numbers of successfully verified accounts, so we should expect the first couple of days to have less than the average number of people.

Posted by roonwit on September 08, 2011, 07:30 PM report to moderator

We broke 25%! 251,035 was just tweeted.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 08, 2011, 09:15 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

I agree with roonwit. Also, it takes some time till you make it to the sorting stage. I also had a 10 hour delay from when my Welcome email was sent and when I actually received it in my mailbox. I suspect those numbers will increase as the night progresses.

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 08, 2011, 09:45 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

Update: Numbers are up to 253,041 already!

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 08, 2011, 10:47 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

Thanks @ songbird ,@ cb160, @ MagicBclPlyr, and purplehogwarts for the update on the numbs. congratulations @ RumbleRoarrrrr in getting in. I’m so glad to hear that they will be sending out e-mails daily I can feel my insides nearing excitement as they get closer to my day 6. I feel more hopeful.

Posted by molly43 on September 08, 2011, 11:53 PM report to moderator

I’m a day 6 too. I figure some time in the next 2 weeks so I keep checking my email. Also the spam folder since my first email was sent there. Thanks to all for the student counts and to you who have gotten your owls thanks for telling us what day you found your quill :o)

Posted by Doxie2962 on September 09, 2011, 12:18 AM report to moderator

"Who d'you know who's lost a buttock?" the violet-haired woman asked Mad-Eye interestedly.[br]"Never you mind, you just keep your wand out of your back pocket!" growled Mad-Eye. "Elementary wand safety, nobody bothers about it anymore..."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014