More Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent; Have You Gained Access Yet?

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2011, 02:23 PM

It seems as if the Pottermore owls are being sent out with even more regularity this week, as the Pottermore Insider Blog has been updated again noting even more welcome emails have just been sent to early beta access users.

A question now for Leaky readers: Have you gotten beta access to Pottermore yet?  If you've been among the lucky bunch to gain early access to the site, please do share your thoughts in the comments below.  We may feature your review in a future update!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

Oh my! I’ve been gone for a few hours (while sleeping :) ) and I see there has been some kind of discussion concerning Tim’s accounts… LOL
@tim_2006, how many accounts did you actually create? I don’t understand why you have so many usernames.
I agree that Tim’s intentions might not have been the greatest ones at the beginning because he did exactly what the PM team said NOT to do… but hey! He’s now making it easier for other people, who didn’t find the quill, to join us in PM. So, Tim: have you been sorted yet? Which house?

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 08, 2011, 10:40 AM report to moderator

I am so resisting the urge to just log in and speed through the first bits and get my wand and get sorted. Must. Resist. I’m waiting until tonight to do the thing properly and read each chapter in the book and then do each chapter on pottermore.

Quick thing though: I notice that the insider has no updated to say a new wave of emails went out. I thought mine might just have been lagged from Tuesday’s batch (that would be a lot of lag though!)… but I did try to log in a couple of times yesterday to no avail. Not sure what to make of that, just something to ponder…

Posted by Rosalinda Rosmerta on September 08, 2011, 10:51 AM report to moderator

If people were all the same it would be pretty boring……..I think any house would be great at this point. I’ll be happy where ever I’m sorted……

Posted by Doxie2962 on September 08, 2011, 11:02 AM report to moderator

tim_2006, the movie analogy doesn’t work. In that case there’s an actual, physical person for each of those tickets (unless you really believe that one person buys multiple tickets for non-existent people, which is what you did to get extra PM accounts). And the “sitting together” has nothing to do with this situation – people just wanted a spot, it didn’t matter where that spot was.

(For the record, I actually agree with you ONLY about the movies – I don’t have sympathy for people who don’t bother to show up on time for a possibly sold-out movie. But it is not a comparable analogy to the PM multiple email thing.)

And “being nice” and giving away the extra accounts now doesn’t really excuse the fact that you got those accounts by breaking the T&S of the contest. “Hey, I broke the rules to get extra stuff that Pottermore could have given to someone else who was trying to enter legitimately. Now I’m giving it away! See how nice I am?”

Like I said earlier in the thread, I have no sympathy for those who made multiple accounts in the BETA, no matter what “virtuous” reason they have.

And now, you’ll probably dismiss me as a rude hater who’s nosing into someone else’s business instead of admitting that you did something wrong. But guess what? Since I’m a beta tester, and you did something that took spots away from other beta testers, I do consider it my business. Did you personally keep me from getting a spot? No, I got my own by myself. But you did prevent 7 other people from initially getting spots. I just don’t see how you can think there’s nothing wrong with that. Oh, yeah, you summed it up earlier: “it is not my problem anymore fawkes4444. I got what i wanted.” It’s not wrong to you because YOU got what YOU wanted, screw everyone else. Isn’t that right?

Whatever. I’m done with tim_2006.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 08, 2011, 11:08 AM report to moderator

I will say this – PM is certainly getting me to check my spam folder much more often! lol Which is good, because I found a few other things in there that shouldn’t have been. So something good has come out of all this waiting (not to mention meeting some fine folks in these threads)!

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 08, 2011, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

@MagicBclPlyr: I totally agree with you: since we are beta users (although I’m not in yet), this whole issue is of our concern.
However, I also think that Pottermore Team should’ve had more control on this situation if they were really trying to avoid it. There are ways of preventing the use of the same computer to create another account. Besides, you can’t expect everyone to act in a responsible way, the human nature sometimes is dishonest and rebelious as some ppl here on Leaky have proved. Apparently we all have our Malfoys, Crabbes and Goyles who end up messing things up for the others. Here I am waiting for my mail while others have already received theirs for their several accounts. Anyway, I hope I don’t end up in Slytherin – It wouldn’t match with my username.

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 08, 2011, 11:27 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I think it’s important to note that on pg 13 of the forum (9-8-11 at 9:42 AM) @tim_2006 did say “I made a mistake”. We all make mistakes in life – it’s how we handle the mistakes that form our personality. I feel that @tim_2006 by his statement has admitted his mistake and it takes an upright person to do that. Let’s start anew with @tim_2006 and congratulate him for getting in. I’m a day 6’er and I forgive you @tim_2006 – please give us an update on numbers and your progress- especially on the potions- everyone seems to be having such a prob with tht. has the dueling opened yet?

Posted by molly43 on September 08, 2011, 12:34 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

Oh and congratulations @Rosalinda Rosmerta for getting in- Pls keep us posted if you can. Well 12:15 pm and it’s time for me to go to wk. I’ll ck back tonight. Pls be nice to Tim_2006.

Posted by molly43 on September 08, 2011, 12:40 PM report to moderator

Halfbkood Princess, the problem with preventing the use of the same computer to make accounts is that many people use computer labs in a library, or at a university, or have to share the use of the computer with the whole family. So there may be many people using that computer within the week and to ban all accounts with the same IP address, it would make it impossible for other legitimate entrants to participate.
Molly43, to my knowledge, dueling is not open yet….let me go check. Nope.

Current student count is now 237,645

Posted by songbird on September 08, 2011, 12:57 PM report to moderator
Jkloling_thumb

day 4-er here and still not in and ik a few day 7ers that were in so i feel that this is more random selection than anything…

Posted by SeVeRuS<3 ツ [ITC] on September 08, 2011, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

waaaaaa no email yet. this is just unfair. sniff

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 08, 2011, 01:33 PM report to moderator

It really isn’t random…you can see which days people caught the quill if you hover over their username in comments. All the ones I saw last week were day one or day 2…not a single one from other days. Now the newer ones in the first sections are day 3ers. Yes, there are a very very FEW exceptions apparently, though I have not seen any of them. There may be a reason why those select few from other days are getting in, but the vast majority are going in order of the days they caught the quill.

Posted by songbird on September 08, 2011, 01:36 PM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

day 3 and still no email…

Posted by jennluvsharry on September 08, 2011, 02:03 PM report to moderator

pottermore e-mails are being sent out daily now!

Posted by PumpkinNewt on September 08, 2011, 02:25 PM report to moderator

daily emails from now on just announced on the insider! (http://insider.pottermore.com/2011/09/welcome-emails-to-go-out-daily.html) … seems like last week was in fact the “pause.” Keep up hope peeps!

Posted by Rosalinda Rosmerta on September 08, 2011, 02:30 PM report to moderator

"Sit down, Harry," said Sirius. "You've met Mundungus, haven't you?"[br]The thing Harry had taken to be a pile of rags gave a prolonged, grunting snore and then jerked awake.[br]"Some'n say m' name?" Mundungus mumbled sleepily. "I 'gree with Sirius..."[br