More Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent; Have You Gained Access Yet?

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2011, 02:23 PM

It seems as if the Pottermore owls are being sent out with even more regularity this week, as the Pottermore Insider Blog has been updated again noting even more welcome emails have just been sent to early beta access users.

A question now for Leaky readers: Have you gotten beta access to Pottermore yet?  If you've been among the lucky bunch to gain early access to the site, please do share your thoughts in the comments below.  We may feature your review in a future update!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

The_master_close_up_thumb

7 days into September and no access yet. I’m getting very impatient. I’ll either not get in until the rest of the Muggles do in October or I’ll get my email later in the month when I’m out of town for a couple of days. But as Veruca Salt says, “I want it now!”

Posted by vespasian68967 on September 07, 2011, 09:16 PM report to moderator

Man, I’ve got my email, but the site won’t let me log in! I’ve contacted Pottermore Insider, nothing yet. ._.

Posted by . on September 07, 2011, 09:58 PM report to moderator

There seem to be a LOT of excited tweets within the last several minutes. Another batch or just more weird email timing? Seems an odd time for a batch to have been sent (I realize they can probably automate a lot of this stuff – just seems like most batches have gone out at reasonable UK times)

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 07, 2011, 10:36 PM report to moderator

DAY 3!!! I FINALLY got my email!!!! SOOOOO EXCITED! Add me : purplewormwood29 ( <—— not the greatest name but WHO CARES!!!) Its very true once you get the email the DAYS and WEEKS of waiting and being frustrated have vanished! I didnt get my email til 5:30 this evening (Pacific Time) so there is quite the delay with the emails :)

Posted by magicneverends85 on September 07, 2011, 10:41 PM report to moderator

Congrats, magic!

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 07, 2011, 10:58 PM report to moderator

Based on the insane number of tweets indicating people got their email, if there was an email lag it happened on PMs side. BTW, I’m just doing a simple search for “pottermore”, looking at all tweets (not just the “top” tweets), and not bothering with a hashtag.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 07, 2011, 11:23 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

Update: there are currently 227,294 students at Hogwarts

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 07, 2011, 11:28 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mdtb9ptt2q1qj84c9o1_500_thumb

Please join my Hogwarts Girls Dorm group for all houses!!
Will be updated regularly!

Posted by ResaPotter on September 07, 2011, 11:58 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mdtb9ptt2q1qj84c9o1_500_thumb

Please join my Hogwarts Girls Dorm group for all houses!!
Will be updated regularly!

Posted by ResaPotter on September 07, 2011, 11:58 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mdtb9ptt2q1qj84c9o1_500_thumb

Nope net yet…..:(
Could my life be anymore incomplete?

Posted by ResaPotter on September 07, 2011, 11:59 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_thumb

I just got access, and am still a proud RAVENCLAW!!!!!! yippe it is soo amazing!

Posted by LoopeyLooneyLuna on September 08, 2011, 12:32 AM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Still waiting for my email. Got the magical quill the 4th day.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on September 08, 2011, 01:02 AM report to moderator
Moonlit_fox_pic_2_thumb

Not yet for me. :( Still got to sit and wait, I’m day 4.

Posted by MoonlitFox on September 08, 2011, 02:14 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

kyrstalkris: You may have misremembered your user name or password. Double check that the user name you are using matches the one in your welcome message, and if your password still doesn’t work, select the “Forgotten your password” link on the sign in page.

Posted by roonwit on September 08, 2011, 03:42 AM report to moderator

Day 3 got my welcome email at 3:39. I don’t need my day 4, 5, 6, and 7 account now. Any one interested please see me.

Posted by tim_2006 on September 08, 2011, 05:37 AM report to moderator

"All right there, Scarhead?" yelled Malfoy, shooting underneath him as though to show off the speed of his broom.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014