More Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent; Have You Gained Access Yet?

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2011, 02:23 PM

It seems as if the Pottermore owls are being sent out with even more regularity this week, as the Pottermore Insider Blog has been updated again noting even more welcome emails have just been sent to early beta access users.

A question now for Leaky readers: Have you gotten beta access to Pottermore yet?  If you've been among the lucky bunch to gain early access to the site, please do share your thoughts in the comments below.  We may feature your review in a future update!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Images_thumb

@MagicBclPlyr I think they’ll make it… last count:224,029.

Posted by cb160 on September 07, 2011, 05:41 PM report to moderator

@cb160: Here’s hoping! If my math is correct, they’ll have to average ~28,000/day (though none went out today and I still suspect there will be a “big” pause soon). 28K seems about right for what they’re sending out so far – presumably they were going to start upping the numbers that went out in a batch.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 07, 2011, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@Halfblood Princess I think we have to admit that the interpretation of the sorting questions is far more accurate that ppl think, so if you feel the same and are being honest, you’ll end up in the same place. That much about complainingof ones house – I strongly suspect ppl mistake what they are with what they want to be, or simply don’t understand/pay attention while answering. Just my opinion…

Posted by cb160 on September 07, 2011, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@MagicBclPlyr I hope pause is out of the picture… And that being said, I’ll say good bye for today, guys, here it’s 12.30 in the night and I’m sleepy. Fingers crossed, some are still receiving letters!

Posted by cb160 on September 07, 2011, 05:53 PM report to moderator

Musing on the potion point problem:

Not being inside I’m not sure how points are handled for other things, so this may or may not work. Maybe in addition to reducing some potion times (though I wouldn’t mind having some that take longer), they should increase the number of points per successful potions? I like that you can get a point for trying, but the reward for spending time and effort on doing the potion correctly should encourage people to finish, not bail. Or maybe only get a “failure” point if you make it to the halfway mark, otherwise, it gets nothing?

Of course, maybe this won’t be an issue once duelling is up and running – not sure what kind of points are available for that.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 07, 2011, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

@cb160: I totally agree. I used to think that the sorting wasn´t going to be that accurate, but now I think it actually is.
@MagicBclPlyr: Do you think a bigger pause is on our way? I’d like to think that last week was “the pause”, since we spent around three days without mails being sent out… Ok. I said that I will be patient, right? I’m trying… I’m really trying!!!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 07, 2011, 06:00 PM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

@halfblood princess I know exactly how you are feeling. It’s just so frustrating!

Posted by mencia on September 07, 2011, 06:11 PM report to moderator

I think the pause is over. When they wrote that they were letting people monday and friday. Then they sent daily out for a bit and stopped for four days or so. Don’t know, just my guess.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 07, 2011, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Day 3 and I FINALY GOT MY WELCOME LETTER! POTTERMORE ROCKS!

Posted by Jacket on September 07, 2011, 06:24 PM report to moderator

Yes I got my email yesterday! I was a day 3-er. I got sorted into Slytherin =[ Although I am truly a Gryffindor. But it gave me a choice between Slytherin or Ravenclaw so I had no option. But I wish there was a way to veto the decision because I feel like a traitor. And I don’t want to make a new account in October because I love my username. What’s a girl to do…

Posted by summ3rjammx3 on September 07, 2011, 06:31 PM report to moderator

@Halfblood Princess: I hope the big pause was last week, but the way I read the blog entry from the 25th/26th was that the next “week or so” they’d be sending out email somewhat continuously, then have a big pause. Obviously they didn’t send things out continuously, since it was only Monday and Tuesday, then late on Friday. I guess I was interpreting that “week or so” to be maybe 8-9 days of emails. Given that they don’t seem to be officially sending email on weekends, I thought it meant approx. Monday the 29th to Monday the 5th or later. Then the break.

I’m also interpreting the “a while” part of it to mean that they’ll stop sending email for 5-7 days instead of the 1-3 they seem to be on now. (Yup, call me a pessimist ;)

But I would be very happy to be wrong and find out the big break is behind us! Or maybe last week wasn’t originally supposed to be the big break, but turned into it? I wouldn’t mind some clarity on the issue from the Insider.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 07, 2011, 06:38 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

Goodnight @cb160. At least it’s getting closer. It took a long time for day 1 to get in and now they are letting in day 2 and3. Hopefully it won’t be too long for us day 6’ers.

Posted by molly43 on September 07, 2011, 07:19 PM report to moderator

I got mine yesterday! I’ve already finished with Book 1, and I can truthfully say it’s not what I expected. It’s fun to explore and all, but there’s not much you can do on it yet.

Posted by deathlyhallowslover on September 07, 2011, 07:27 PM report to moderator

I registered on Day 3 and I got in yesterday (Tuesday the 6th). It’s so much fun, especially getting your wand and being sorted. The questions for both are hard! I really had to think about them. I won’t give too much away, but it’s all really cool, especially finding out all of the new information. My only complaint is the potion brewing; it takes a really long time and it can be jerky and slow. But overall it’s really fun and I hope everyone gets in soon!

Posted by gryffindor31 on September 07, 2011, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

Thanks, cb160, I hope you get in soon!

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 07, 2011, 09:05 PM report to moderator

"Oh, it's you," said Ron, looking at Malfoy as if he were something unpleasant on the sole of his shoe. "Bet you're surprised to see Harry here, eh?"[br]"Not as surprised as I am to see you in a shop, Weasley," retorted Malfoy. "I suppose your parents wil