More Pottermore Welcome Emails Sent; Have You Gained Access Yet?

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2011, 02:23 PM

It seems as if the Pottermore owls are being sent out with even more regularity this week, as the Pottermore Insider Blog has been updated again noting even more welcome emails have just been sent to early beta access users.

A question now for Leaky readers: Have you gotten beta access to Pottermore yet?  If you've been among the lucky bunch to gain early access to the site, please do share your thoughts in the comments below.  We may feature your review in a future update!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Rumbleroar__by_weddersins_thumb

no access for me and I’m a day 3-er!

Posted by RumbleRoarrrrr on September 06, 2011, 02:26 PM report to moderator
384899_298846090136516_248223305198795_995858_1002102740_n_thumb

Me too! Day 3 as well and no e-mail yet :(

Posted by SpellRose on September 06, 2011, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Curly_thumb

Waiting patiently to be let in still. Though I did write a song called “I’m Still Waiting (For My Pottermore Email)” to keep myself busy while I wait! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vhc-n03zmY

Posted by Laurenmyrtle on September 06, 2011, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Hp_wp_hero_1920x1200_thumb

Nothing for me, getting impatient now!

Posted by IAmTheDoctor on September 06, 2011, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I got my email quite a while ago

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 06, 2011, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Rumbleroar__by_weddersins_thumb

the annoying part is is that when the magic quill started I was under the impression (i’m sure it said this) that it would be first come, first serve. Now I know I wasn’t first but I’ve been waiting at least two weeks, I just want my owl!

Posted by RumbleRoarrrrr on September 06, 2011, 02:32 PM report to moderator

I got in last week. Would like to give hope for some of you today. They sent out welcome emails on Friday last week and I didn’t receive mine until Saturday morning at 4:45 am CST, so just because it’s not in your inbox NOW, doesn’t mean you aren’t in today’s batch. Hang in there!

Posted by IrishTiger on September 06, 2011, 02:34 PM report to moderator

I got access about 5 days into the emails going out. I’ve been through Philosopher’s Stone about 4 times, and I think its great! There’s no music to go along with it, which doesn’t bother me too much, but I must admit I find myself listening to Hedwig’s theme whilst on Pottermore. The brewing of potions can be a bit tedious, because you have to be dreadfully precise. I’ve not been able to do wizard dueling yet because it still says that its temporarily down, which bothers me. The site’s been live for about a month now and still no dueling? There’s got to be something that can be done to fix that. I thought the sorting process was quite fun, as was getting my wand (Elm with unicorn core, 14 and 1/4 inches, hard). I am very much looking forward to exploring the rest of the books in due course.

Posted by baileyriddle on September 06, 2011, 02:34 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

sadly, no email. ive been checking most diligently annnd…nothing. i always check the Insider each day and each time they say theyve sent out more im like: “okay, this is the day!” and then…nothing. please let me in pottermore! i swear im not a squib!!

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on September 06, 2011, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Hermoine_thumb

I’ve been checking mine too just like that!! It’s so frustrating!! I got in oh the fourth day…so if third day people still aren’t getting in yet….I’ll have a bit to wait I suspect.

Posted by ThatKaylaGirl on September 06, 2011, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Pinkmargaritaicon_thumb

Well this is just LOVELY… Turns out they ARE sending out the e-mails in order of the day you registered.. 3 more weeks of waiting for me.

Posted by Jessica Ann on September 06, 2011, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Tribal_gryphon_2_thumb

I registered on day 2, and I got in yesterday… Really enjoyed it so far, but glad it’s still beta because it’s still very glitchy and the whole thing needs music or sound fx. Btw newtstorm88 is my pottermore user name and I’m in Ravenclaw so feel free to add me when you get chance.

Posted by Newtstorm88 on September 06, 2011, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Tribal_gryphon_2_thumb

Remember 1million ppl registered and currently there are only 201,233 students who have access!!!!

Posted by Newtstorm88 on September 06, 2011, 02:58 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

ThatKaylaGirl: Today’s batch was a mixture of day 2 and day 3 people.

Posted by roonwit on September 06, 2011, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

I got in about two weeks ago, but feeling very guilty because there’s so many people who haven’t got their’s yet!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on September 06, 2011, 03:04 PM report to moderator

"...dear Aunt Elladora...she started the family tradition of beheading house-elves when they got too old to carry tea trays..."