One Million Pottermore Emails Sent Out

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 27, 2011, 10:51 AM

The Pottermore Insider has updated to announce that all one million Welcome emails for Pottermore beta users have been sent out!

The site is expected to be very busy now that all users have been given access, so you may have to wait and try a few times before successfully signing in.

To everyone who has been granted access to Pottermore, let us know what you think in the comments!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

umm… exacty how do you get on to Pottermore? Other than in October?

Posted by LunaLovegood1234002 on September 27, 2011, 10:39 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@Luna – did you do the quill quest?

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 27, 2011, 11:01 PM report to moderator

@Luna: unless you participated in the magical quill challenge, you’ll need to wait for sometime in October to register. The quill challenge started on July 31 to August 6 where 1 million people were granted “early” access..I’d say it was “early” access for a few and later access for the majority of the quill challenge winners. I know someone in another feed had multiple accounts and he gave his other accounts out to people who wanted them and just kept one. ..maybe if you know someone that happens to have two accounts or doesn’t want theirs anymore, you could get on. I would personally wait so that you could enjoy the whole experience with getting your wand, being sorted, and discovering the site. Hopefully all the bugs will be fixed by then.

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 28, 2011, 12:20 AM report to moderator

Got my wand!

Alder with phoenix feather core, 10 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy :)

I loved the wand quiz – had a close choice on the “pride” question and a slight hesitation on the “fear” question.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 28, 2011, 12:26 AM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

My password stopped working?? Anyone else have that problem?

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 28, 2011, 12:56 AM report to moderator

i found the quill on day 5. i received my validation email within an hour and chose my username. I never received my welcome email. I’m not feeling very magical right now. anyone else slated to get a welcome email but didn’t?

Posted by jadejazzkayla on September 28, 2011, 01:46 AM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@jade – did you ever receive a “Congratulations” email from Pottermore at the end of August?

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 28, 2011, 06:59 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

jadejazzkayla: They have sent out all the emails but that doesn’t mean everyone received them – it might have ended up in your spam folder, still be making its way through the various email systems, or discarded if one of the email systems it went through decided it was spam.
However as all the beta accounts have now been enabled you should be able to log in anyway – the Welcome email is just informative, you don’t need it to get onto the site.

Posted by roonwit on September 28, 2011, 07:00 AM report to moderator

I wasn’t able to get on the Beta version because I was on vacation for the whole of July and half of August :‘(. oh well, i’ll get on eventually… does anyone know when it opens to the public? like when in October?

Posted by Mudblood29 on September 28, 2011, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ Mudblood29 I very much doubt that even PM team knows the answer at your question! Duel is still down ans today’s Sept 28th!

Posted by cb160 on September 28, 2011, 11:09 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

And I can tell you lamppost’s still glitching and, since yesterday, I noticed you’re unable to buy a pewter cauldron – don’t ask me why, the other kind can be buyed by selecting “Buy”. Don’t know if it’s only me or everyone have this problems.

Posted by cb160 on September 28, 2011, 11:21 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Mudblood29: They say the site will open to the public at the beginning of October on one of the Magic Quill help pages, though that was written some time ago, so I have no idea is that is still the plan.

cb160: You can only buy one cauldron of each type, so if you already have a pewter cauldron you can’t buy another until you have blown up the first one.

Posted by roonwit on September 28, 2011, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

cb160 if you already have a pewter cauldron, you can’t buy another. Blow it up and you can buy one.

Posted by AurorPhoenix aka Phoenix on September 28, 2011, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

So that was the mystery, guys! Thanks @roonwit and Phoenix for tip, and I have to thank Phoenix also for www.pottermore.com/en-uk/, used it this evening to save my SleepingDraught, I tried it first time succesfully from first attempt, but after 100’ it was a loop that nearly drove me insane. Fortunately, it didn’t blow up and after long strugglings I could do part 2. I can say PM is definitely a virtual world, in the real one never had so much luck like these days with brewing potions and getting away with it between glitches, support messages and being kicked out!

Posted by cb160 on September 28, 2011, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

I never did receive my email, but I was able to sign on anyway. I haven’t got to do much on the site- I kept getting error messages. But it looks spectacular. I agree with others that some background music would really add to the experience.

Posted by AvanelleWood on September 28, 2011, 02:00 PM report to moderator

"Library books are not to be taken outside the school," said Snape. "Give it to me. Five points from Gryffindor."[br]"He's just made that rule up," Harry muttered angrily as Snape limped away. "Wonder what's wrong with his leg?"[br]"Dunno, but I hope it's

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014