One Million Pottermore Emails Sent Out

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 27, 2011, 10:51 AM

The Pottermore Insider has updated to announce that all one million Welcome emails for Pottermore beta users have been sent out!

The site is expected to be very busy now that all users have been given access, so you may have to wait and try a few times before successfully signing in.

To everyone who has been granted access to Pottermore, let us know what you think in the comments!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Congrats Doxie!!

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 27, 2011, 06:39 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

The site still really needs a lot of work, but as for potions, I think I’ve figured out how to brew them, have done the Cure for Boils twice now with success, so I think I’ll try to proper ones now. Who knows how that’ll go..

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on September 27, 2011, 06:39 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

I’ve noticed the site was acting better today. That’s good news! I’m also glad all betas have finally been sent their long awaited Welcome Emails.

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 27, 2011, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

Current student enrollment is only 506,349 though. I find that interesting.

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 27, 2011, 06:45 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

And also some brews take 95 mins to brew – why is that? definitely not too happy about that..

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on September 27, 2011, 06:54 PM report to moderator

@purplehogwarts. I think that low number is due to the fact that they recently just activated the rest of the accounts (maybe around 600,000) and the site can’t handle that many people..so a lot of people are unable to get sorted or get their wand even. I heard some people are stuck at Gringots because their account is at 0 Galleons. I hope everyone gets sorted soon!!

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 27, 2011, 06:59 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

ya!!! i got mine today and just bought my wand! before the shopping it was kinda boring with not much activity…but hopefully it improves

Posted by farewell_fred on September 27, 2011, 07:09 PM report to moderator

@luna_lovegood17 I sent you an owl I hope that helps you.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 27, 2011, 07:17 PM report to moderator

i love it! on thing though it needs music/sounds!! also i think there should be a way to contact other students like there is in leaky.

Posted by kandeeland {WBM!} (PotterMore: RuneQuill194) on September 27, 2011, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

I request artists out there to use the time that Pottermore is unavailable to draw some pictures of Crabbe and Goyle. Yes, they are very obviously not very popular. I think there were only two pictures of each drawn on Pottermore. Every other character had lots of awesome pictures to look at.
(The drawings of Ron were particulary excellent.) Anyone up for the challenge?

Posted by Shining Lynx on September 27, 2011, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_thumb

hey I have a question for those who have gone through chapter one of the first book um I was trying to find the hidden object that is supposed to be in the lampost next to Dumbledore but when I zoomed in around the lampost and in it nothing happened was doing it it wrong? Or was I supposed to do something else?

Posted by Celticenchantress on September 27, 2011, 07:59 PM report to moderator

Well, I managed to buy a brown owl before getting kicked out again. Wanted to get my wand but I think that will have to wait until after band rehearsal.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 27, 2011, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

It’s unlocking measurements. I believe you get it by clicking on the lampost while it’s zoomed out. I have heard that some people are unable to unlock it sometimes. Some say it’s a browser problem. I’m just going from what I heard though. I didn’t have a problem myself.

Posted by Shining Lynx on September 27, 2011, 08:12 PM report to moderator

I still h\ave not got a welcome email and I am on day 12

Posted by Legoharryiscool on September 27, 2011, 08:14 PM report to moderator

That’s amazing!!! And for those who say that there is a lot of work to be done, appreciate what there is first. They will improve it, stop criticizing the site, it’s done a wonderful job!

Posted by . on September 27, 2011, 08:41 PM report to moderator

Ron looked as though he'd just been told he had to go and live in the Forbidden Forest.[br]"Can you imagine me taking exams with this?" he asked Harry, holding up his wand, which had just started whistling loudly.