One Million Pottermore Emails Sent Out

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 27, 2011, 10:51 AM

The Pottermore Insider has updated to announce that all one million Welcome emails for Pottermore beta users have been sent out!

The site is expected to be very busy now that all users have been given access, so you may have to wait and try a few times before successfully signing in.

To everyone who has been granted access to Pottermore, let us know what you think in the comments!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

No_muggles_thumb

I cannot figure out how PM works HELP!!!

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on September 27, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

I cannot figure out how PM works HELP!!!

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on September 27, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

I cannot figure out how PM works HELP!!!

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on September 27, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

I cannot figure out how PM works HELP!!!

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on September 27, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

I cannot figure out how PM works HELP!!!

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on September 27, 2011, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

I am sorry but the whole experience is rather disappointing. There are so many glitches in brewing potions, that i gave up after a couple of tries and trust me, everyone else in there is pretty much doing the same. You just cannot be excpected to spent 100 minutes waiting for a virtual potion to brew only for it to fail becuse of the site crashing or because a glitch won’t let you grab the flobberworm mucus bottle. Not to mention that the sorting seems completely random, especially since each time other questions appear.

Furthermore, commenting or discussing with other members is so frustrating! Everything is practically under moderation, but our Hufflepuff pet troll that keeps swearing is not being banned!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on September 27, 2011, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Plus, the site is down two days now! Imagine what is going to happen during October!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on September 27, 2011, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Hermione_-_poa_thumb

I got my letter a few weeks ago, but honestly, I’m extremely disappointed with the site. To me, it just seems like a whole bunch of zoomable artwork. I was hoping for something more interactive, and I didn’t get it. not to mention I was sorted wrongly into Hufflepuff….

Posted by hermioneginnyluna on September 27, 2011, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lrl1fruv7m1r2jz3wo1_250_thumb

Congrats to everyone that got their welcome email!! :D

Posted by WeasleyWonder on September 27, 2011, 05:29 PM report to moderator

Whew! I thought I might have gotten the Bank Robbery Glitch (that’s what I get for laughing at the name)! I was able to unlock the vault, but the ONLY thing I saw after that was “Gringott’s Wizarding Bank, PumpkinCloak111’s vault” – absolutely nothing else. Eventually with some refreshing, it went back to the page being locked. So I entered again and everything showed up. Whew!

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 27, 2011, 05:38 PM report to moderator

I done got locked out of my Common room after being sorted, so I’ve no idea what’s going on. I’m going to assume a major revamping of Pottermore eventually. Eventually I think they just need to make it something more interactive, where we can actually have conversations and stuff, cause at this point I don’t understand the need for “friends” on the site as there is very little gaming that would involve anyone else.

Posted by Emerson Nidigith on September 27, 2011, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Can’t wait for October!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 27, 2011, 05:56 PM report to moderator

i just got my email on saturday. i was so excited and now i am officially a gryffindor. i thought that more of the books would be open to be explored. a little disappointed with the lack of interaction in some chapters but still a great experience. add me: FeatherCharm79

Posted by feathercharm79 on September 27, 2011, 06:09 PM report to moderator

Thanks feathercharm! I’ll def ask you to be my friend. I’m HowlOwl165. I haven’t been able to get on yet today.

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 27, 2011, 06:37 PM report to moderator

I finally got sorted…….Hufflepuff!!!!!

Posted by Doxie2962 on September 27, 2011, 06:38 PM report to moderator

"If you're wondering what the smell is, Mother, a Mudblood just walked in."