One Million Pottermore Emails Sent Out

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 27, 2011, 10:51 AM

The Pottermore Insider has updated to announce that all one million Welcome emails for Pottermore beta users have been sent out!

The site is expected to be very busy now that all users have been given access, so you may have to wait and try a few times before successfully signing in.

To everyone who has been granted access to Pottermore, let us know what you think in the comments!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

@AurorPhoenix You would think that by now PM would have fixed these problems and glichts, i mean, what have they been doing all this time ? Just sending emails ?

Posted by CrimsonOwl on September 27, 2011, 03:44 PM report to moderator

Definitely sorry for those with the “Bank Robbery Glitch” (but have to LOL at the name!)

I still don’t understand how they just can’t seem to figure out the capacity issue. Especially when they made the conscious decision to send out hundreds of thousands of emails at once. I don’t buy that we’ll have issues only for “the next 24 hours”. And they said last Friday that site capacity was the primary thing they were fixing… Apparently they didn’t fix it enough.

I managed to get through chapter 4 last night and add friends, but I haven’t had much luck so far today (but I’m also at work, so can’t check on it nearly as often as I’d like ;)

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 27, 2011, 03:54 PM report to moderator
Grangerweasleyschess_thumb

I got my email a few days ago….have tried one potion and it magically disappeared when PM went down. haven’t tried since. Wish they’d get the servers up and running and the site would be a bit more interactive than it is currently. I’m in Ravenclaw (ScarletRose61) and my daughter is in Slytherin (OwlCat30) if you can manage to get on, get sorted, and send a friend request all before the site crashes again. ;)

Posted by Kris75 on September 27, 2011, 03:57 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I wouldn’t be surprised if the October date was pushed back because of the much needed improvements.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 27, 2011, 04:01 PM report to moderator

They haven’t set a specific date in October so they could go up until October 31st to let more people register. I hope it doesn’t take them that long to fix all the problems. I thought they were fixing these problems when they were initially only allowing a small number of people in at a time.

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 27, 2011, 04:25 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I’ve been in Pottermore for about a month. I’m glad that I got in when it wasn’t quite so overwhelmed. But during the first two weeks I was in, there were all kinds of annoying potion glitches – I lost several cauldrons through no fault of my own, but the points were still taken and I had to spend galleons to replace them.

That, however, was nothing compared to not being able to get on at all. I’ve gotten the “too busy” message all day, so I’m trying to stay off so people who just got their email can have a chance.

For a while, even after the numbers were over 600,000 it seemed to be working all right.

One thing I’ve found with potion brewing is to leave that window alone until it’s done. You can open another tab (when you can get in) and explore everything else. Then even if it says the site is overwhelmed, leave it and come back later to finish your potion. For the most part, it has been remembering where you were (something that wasn’t happening a month ago).

Good luck to everyone, and be patient and persistent. I love the site, and hope they will add some more things later. On some of the pages, it looks like there are more things that could be things to find and I hope they are going to add those once they work out the current glitches. I would be bery surprised if they actually open the site to everyone any time in October.

I heard somewhere that JKR told them they needed a larger server because the site would be huge but the site makers didn’t listen. Hmph, we all know that hasn’t worked well. ;-)

Posted by Eeyore on September 27, 2011, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Da_thumb

I think it’s pretty good, but there are still some things that are really messed up. :( But it’s good though.

Anyways, hooray for finally sending out all of them. Lol. I’m gonna back off and let everyone use it now. :)

Posted by harrypotter4258 on September 27, 2011, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_-_take_my_hand_thumb

I got my email last week and I’m soooooo happy that I’m finally on Pottermore! :D I actually got sorted into Hufflepuff there so I made a new profile here to match my Pottermore account. :) My profile name on Pottermore is ChaserHolly108 like here so be sure to add me! ;)

Posted by ChaserHolly108 on September 27, 2011, 05:01 PM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

I cannot figure out how PM works HELP!!!

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on September 27, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

I cannot figure out how PM works HELP!!!

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on September 27, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

I cannot figure out how PM works HELP!!!

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on September 27, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

I cannot figure out how PM works HELP!!!

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on September 27, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

I cannot figure out how PM works HELP!!!

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on September 27, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

I cannot figure out how PM works HELP!!!

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on September 27, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

I cannot figure out how PM works HELP!!!

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on September 27, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"[Cedric's] that tall, good-looking one, isn't he?" said Angelina.[br]"Strong and silent," said Katie, and they started to giggle again.[br]"He's only silent because he's too thick to string two words together," said Fred impatiently.