One Million Pottermore Emails Sent Out

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 27, 2011, 10:51 AM

The Pottermore Insider has updated to announce that all one million Welcome emails for Pottermore beta users have been sent out!

The site is expected to be very busy now that all users have been given access, so you may have to wait and try a few times before successfully signing in.

To everyone who has been granted access to Pottermore, let us know what you think in the comments!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Shaw__4__thumb

They sure did cut it close, didn’t they…

Posted by HogwartsForever on September 27, 2011, 12:53 PM report to moderator

I got my e-mail late last night, but the site was too busy for me to log in. I was able to get there early this morning, just enough to poke around on the first two Privet Drive screens, but I really haven’t had enough time for anything more because of work. I know, I know, I’ve got to get my priorities straight.

Posted by zoltan42 on September 27, 2011, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

I’m glad that everyone got in at last. And I think that Pottermore has got a lot of potential. I can’t wait for the second book to come out in 2012, though it seems ages to wait.

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on September 27, 2011, 12:59 PM report to moderator

So the new Pottermore message I just got says due to demand they are restricting access. Really, what are they going to do when the site opens to everyone? You can’t handle a million people who are not even all sighed on at the same time how are you going to handle the demand later on. I love the look of the site but in the three weeks I have been on I have not seen many of the glitches fixed and the servers must be from 1999. A website these days should be able to handle the traffic they KNEW was coming.

Posted by mlc on September 27, 2011, 01:14 PM report to moderator
Gof99_thumb

I agree. It’s very frustrating to get kicked off the site continuosly because of demand. It’s hard to find a lot of time for the site in the first place and when you do you can’t get on it!

Posted by hpikjdjg on September 27, 2011, 01:49 PM report to moderator

I haven’t gotten mine :( boo hoo!!!!!!! How come?

Posted by HollyJB on September 27, 2011, 02:32 PM report to moderator

@HollyJB- just go try and sign in. When the “traffic” dies down.
I was on platform 9 3/4 when I got “pinked” (the dreaded pink screen of doom) That was 3 hours ago and still cant get back in.

Posted by Doxie2962 on September 27, 2011, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Er…a friend of mine still didn’t get hers. Weird! Because she got all the confirmations and stuff before….

And yeah, I agree, I knew this would happen. I’m glad I was sent mine so early—the site has been down so much lately. I’m scared to see how it goes in October!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on September 27, 2011, 02:57 PM report to moderator

I received my email on Friday night but since I don’t own a computer (I use my local library’s computer lab) I didn’t have a chance to get on until Sunday. I did get sorted earlier today but it didn’t work for long before I was kicked off again. Don’t stop to read anything very long. Go Ravenclaw.

Posted by CatSpirit93 on September 27, 2011, 03:06 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

All I can do is laugh about this: I finally got my email on Sunday. Waiting for it seemed interminable. It reminded me of when I was little and couldn’t wait for Christmas. Now that I’m “legit”, the site is so busy, it’s hard to get logged in. I’ve seen the “Overwhelming Demand” screen more than anything else. OH WELL. But I’m still excited about Pottermore!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on September 27, 2011, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Img_0594_1__thumb

Thank You!!!

Posted by CorruptedNethicite on September 27, 2011, 03:11 PM report to moderator

Wow..they made a scroll now that says “Due to high levels of demand, we are currently restricting access to Pottermore. Please come back and try again later.” …so in addition to the pink screen of death.. we get this too. I guess they sent out the 1 millionth email..and then possibly knowing that their site could not handle this, they prepared a page to let us know they are restricting access… Even though we all got our emails, now its another wait to get on. Please fix this PM!!

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 27, 2011, 03:30 PM report to moderator

Keep geting the pink screen of dreadfullness……this is becoming very anoying. Well there goes my potion brewing….

Posted by CrimsonOwl on September 27, 2011, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

And then there are a group that got their letters, got in and hit the Bank Robbery Glitch in chapter 5. They went to Gringotts for some Gold to buy books, equipment and supplies. They opened their vault and had 500 Galleons for a second, then it was GONE! Balance ZERO. Without Gold in Gringotts, you can’t fill the shopping list and can’t move beyond Diagon Alley. They are quite litterally TRAPPED in Diagon Alley. This has been reported to Pottermore Support and they “are working on it”. It’s been 3 days since these people hit the Glitch, and they are still stuck.

Pottermore, a suggestion! Ever Pottermore ID has 3 parts. Two names and a number. Keep the two names and change the number to one yet unassigned. Assign this new ID and a new account to the trapped Betas, reassign the “Trapped ID” to Engineering to find out how it happened and how to fix it. In the meantime, these Betas can go explore and enjoy Pottermore instead of being stuck in Limbo. Where they are. they can’t look forward to ANYTHING!!

Posted by AurorPhoenix aka Phoenix on September 27, 2011, 03:39 PM report to moderator

I feel for all those trapped in Diagon Alley. To be so close to the two best parts (sorting and wands) and just stuck. I wish Pottermore would get those big glitches figured out.

Posted by wildpumpkin63 on September 27, 2011, 03:44 PM report to moderator

"Next Monday," he said as he scribbled, "I am likely to develop a cough, owing to the unlucky conjunction of Mars and Jupiter." He looked up at Harry. "You know [Trelawney] -- just put in loads of misery, she'll lap it up."