Radcliffe and Rowling on the Harry Potter Generation: "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Blu-Ray Special Feature

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
September 21, 2011, 11:13 AM

MTV have released another clip from the upcoming Blu-Ray DVD of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" in which J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe talk about the Harry Potter generation in contrast with other phenomenon. The clip, which is region locked for everyone outside of the US, can be seen here on the MTV website or below.

Radcliffe says:

To a certain level, because [the characters in the books] exist in the collected consciousness of a generation, they do exist. I always think that's one of the wonderful things about Potter and the Potter fanbase. If you think about the other big costume-wearing and that kind of stuff that goes with it, things like Star Wars and Star Trek, but with it's  Potter, because it started off as a literary thing, has created a generation of the same kind of mentality of geeky thoroughness with an appetite for reading and literature, which is kind of amazing.
Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling's extremely accurate response is, "It was wonderful, wasn't it? It was just the most wonderful thing". The Blu-Ray will be released on the 11th November in the US.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Wand_thumb

Why can’t anyone outside the US see it? Its not fair :(

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 22, 2011, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Normal_darcey-alden_ellie_thumb

me too. I can’t watch the clip. :( so sad
I will travel to the US (or whatever) only to see this video!

Posted by LalocaPotter on September 22, 2011, 08:37 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Nobody is insulting US fans, and we British fans are not saying that we should get the DVD first. We’re just saying that we don’t want to get it last (by 3 weeks)! And if the clip on Leaky is interesting, we would like to get a look at it, thank you very much!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 23, 2011, 04:26 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

All British fans who want to see this clip, pop over to mugglenet and see it there;

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on September 23, 2011, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

cool!! :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 23, 2011, 11:49 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I think the one on Mugglenet is just an extract from a longer interview.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 23, 2011, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

…or is that all that was on MTV too?

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 23, 2011, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I think it’s probably the same, as I also found it on Hypable and it says, ‘This video now works internationally’

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on September 24, 2011, 10:44 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

@ PotterUk I thought it was just me, but I didn’t really u/s what he was saying either so I listened to it again. I got that he seemed to be saying that the HP characters represented life itself but after that I lost it with the “star wars costumes, etc.”. But still Daniel is adorable and at all other times has been understandable. I wish everyone could see the video. It’s a very short clip though. I’m in the US and I think the Dvd should be available to all at the same time. It doesn’t make sense not to be.

Posted by molly43 on September 24, 2011, 11:41 PM report to moderator

...Harry reached out and took hold of Fawkes's strangely hot tail feathers.[br]An extraordinary lightness seemed to spread through his whole body and the next second, in a rush of wings, they were flying upward through the pipe. Harry could hear Lockhart