"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" DVD/Blu-Ray Release Dates for UK and US Announced

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 20, 2011, 08:52 AM

Warner Home Video via TheHDRoom and Harry Potter UK Facebook have announced the release dates for the final Harry Potter film on DVD and Blu-ray.

Fans in the U.S. will be able to purchase "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" beginning Friday, November 11. Note that this is the same weekend as the Universal Orlando Harry Potter celebration at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. On November 11, Warner Bros. will also release "Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection" on Blu-ray ($139.99) and DVD ($98.92).

Friday, December 2 will be when fans in the U.K. can get a hold of the eighth Harry Potter film. Pre-orders are now being taken at Amazon.co.uk and Play.com. A complete 8 film collection will also be released, as well as 3D Blu-ray.

A look at the bonus features on the Blu-ray include:

Maximum Movie Mode hosted by Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) and other cast members (80 minutes) - As the epic showdown between Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort approaches, don't miss a single detail as the forces of good and evil clash one final time throughout the grounds of Hogwarts.

A Conversation with JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe - Join J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe for an exclusive conversation about bringing the character of Harry Potter to life, the last decade of films and how their lives have changed by the fame that they've both experienced.

The Goblins of Gringotts - Hosted by Warwick Davis, you'll see the entire process of becoming a goblin in a Harry Potter film, from auditions and casting to makeup and prosthetic tests as well as filming the final scenes.

The Women of Harry Potter – A look at the remarkable women in Harry Potter's life and the critical role they play in the films.

WB Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter

Deleted Scenes

Ultraviolet Digital Copy
Artwork for the Blu-ray in the U.S. can be seen here. Warner Home Video have also announced that at the end of the year, December 29, they will cease shipment of all the Harry Potter films.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ronhermione_thumb

Awesooooooome!
BTW On Amazon.co.uk it said the Blu-Ray 1-8 will be £32!

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on September 20, 2011, 04:21 PM report to moderator

Cant wait!!!! Hope the blue-ray extras are on youtube.

Posted by megalen on September 20, 2011, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 20, 2011, 05:43 PM report to moderator

It comes out exactly a week before my birthday! Perfect timing for a present!

Posted by bookworm1118 on September 20, 2011, 06:06 PM report to moderator

It comes out exactly a week before my birthday! Perfect timing for a present!

Posted by bookworm1118 on September 20, 2011, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Exciting and it’s being released earlier than I thought I it would be. I thought we would have to wait til Christmas.

Posted by Girlraven1 on September 20, 2011, 06:40 PM report to moderator
The-two-hardest-things-to-say-in-life-are-hello-for-the-first-time-and-goodbye-for-the-last_thumb

lol why will the cease shipment??

Posted by the mudblood princess:)/ginnylove101 {WBM}=:) on September 20, 2011, 07:03 PM report to moderator

I feel bad for the U.K. because they get it later than we do, but I’m excited too! I can’t wait for the features – especially J.K. Rowling and Daniel’s conversation! :D

Anybody know why Warner Bros. would cease shipping on the dvds though??

Posted by bellahawthorne on September 20, 2011, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

I want a double disc dvd edition!!!
is too much to ask for?

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on September 20, 2011, 07:56 PM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

This looks Amazing!! I’m so unhappy that I can’t get the blue ray version. I can’t play Blue ray on my T.V

Posted by HarryLover on September 20, 2011, 08:23 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Again, us UK fans get left out in the cold! I’m still angry with Warner Bros. for not letting us have any midnight screenings for DH1 and this has just made me even more angry! It’s all about the money for them and not the fans.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on September 20, 2011, 09:19 PM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!

Posted by sboyer06 on September 20, 2011, 10:07 PM report to moderator
20261_1274074097358_1395090330_30880094_3910781_n_thumb

So if they’re ceasing shipment on december 29th, is there not going to be ultimate editions of the Deathly Hallows movies? or are they just going to wait a couple years and release the Ultimate Ultimate Collection that has all of the Ultimate Versions, including the Deathly Hallows films, plus even more ULTIMATE ULTIMACITY. Movie studios only “put things in the vault” to bump sales, as people who were putting off buying the movies, and might not have, end up buying them. I don’t personally have any of the movies at the moment (I just mooch families and friends copies), but I just wonder if I should hold off for an Ultimate Edition Bundle that is surely to come, but perhaps not in a very timely manner.

Posted by Egor on September 21, 2011, 12:27 AM report to moderator

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by . on September 21, 2011, 12:53 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lpj3u7got11qb4krdo1_500_thumb

I absolutely cannot wait! I hope it comes out the same time in Australia too!

Posted by Harry-Potter.fan on September 21, 2011, 03:41 AM report to moderator

Hermione's Patronus, a shining silver otter, was gamboling around her.[br]"They [i]are[/i] sort of nice, aren't they?" she said, looking at it fondly.