Pottermore Insider Answers Questions on Duelling, Potions, and Beta Feedback

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 02, 2011, 05:52 PM

As mentioned last week, the Pottermore Insider blog has now been updated to answer frequently asked questions that Pottermore beta users have been asking. Concerns dealing with the potions brewing, wizards duelling, and moderation for common room comments are all addressed.

Additionally, the Insider reveals that a Pottermore beta survey will be sent out in a few weeks to those who have already gained entry into the site and will allow fans to provide more specific feedback.

'...It'd be nice to know IF Wizard Dueling will be available to beta testers again. I don't care when, just a yes or not.' [sic]   - cwbrumm
Yes! We know that you like Wizard’s Duel - a lot. This section of the site has proven to be immensely popular and we’ve been making a number of improvements behind the scenes to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible. We just need to finish making and testing our changes.
Continue reading at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

there is a rumour on the tumblr that Tom Felton got sorted into hufflepuff

Posted by mencia on September 06, 2011, 10:37 AM report to moderator

roonwit: yeah, I guess it’s not that big after all. It’s just nice to see the numbers climbing again instead of going down.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 06, 2011, 10:40 AM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

Nothing… not a single feather from my owl…

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 06, 2011, 11:20 AM report to moderator

Fridays batch of e-mails took a LONG time to get to my inbox. I got it 48 hours after it was sent (or they sent out a batch on Sunday and I missed the post.)

Posted by GNewt23 on September 06, 2011, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

GNewt23: Or (more likely) they sent some out on Sunday and didn’t announce it.

Posted by roonwit on September 06, 2011, 11:44 AM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

@GNewt23: What day did you find the quill?

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 06, 2011, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

Still waiting for email, too. Errol must be lost.

Posted by AvanelleWood on September 06, 2011, 12:13 PM report to moderator

@Halfblood Princess: I found the quill on Day 2. My sister is a Day 3er and hasn’t gotten her e-mail yet.

Posted by GNewt23 on September 06, 2011, 12:57 PM report to moderator

Just saw on Twitter that student count is up to 200,018

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 06, 2011, 01:39 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

@GNewt23: I was hoping you were a later day!!!! I’m a day 5!
I hope your sis gets in soon, perhaps that will mean I’ll be closer… Let me know when she receives her mail!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 06, 2011, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

More mails were sent out today!!!!
Everybody who’s not in yet: DON’T PANIC IF YOUR MAIL DOESN’T COME… I’ll try to follow my own advice… LOL

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 06, 2011, 02:06 PM report to moderator

MORE emails today!!! YAYYYY!!! I registered within the first few minutes of Day 3 so hopefully this is my batch!!! :D

Posted by magicneverends85 on September 06, 2011, 02:25 PM report to moderator

Same here @magicneverends! Within the first few minutes of Day 3. If any day 3-ers get in today give a holler here! I feel like there’s a bunch of us.

Posted by Rosalinda Rosmerta on September 06, 2011, 02:27 PM report to moderator

It’s depressing being a Day Six. I’m trying to remind myself that I have a rather busy week and shouldn’t be playing on PM anyway, so it shouldn’t matter that I don’t get my email…

But good luck to everyone! Maybe our Day Threes will get in soon! I really wish I knew just how many emails got sent in each batch.

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 06, 2011, 02:35 PM report to moderator

I’d venture a guess, seeing the number’s sorted increases after each batch, that the batches are around 20-25k… but they do say in one of the insider q & a’s that the batches will be increasing in size as they move forward… hopes

Posted by Rosalinda Rosmerta on September 06, 2011, 02:39 PM report to moderator

"I know you don't ask for it... but -- well -- you know, Ron's got all those brothers to compete against at home, and you're his best friend, and you're really famous -- he's always shunted to one side whenever people see you, and he puts up with it, and

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014