Boots, Handwritten Letter Worn by J. K. Rowling Up for Auction

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 19, 2011, 08:49 PM

Boots once worn by Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling during her writing of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone are now up for auction, along with a letter which details a few interesting tidbits about-- interestingly enough-- the life of her shoes.  Check out our galleries for images of the boots and letter.

According to the auction page, the shoes were originally part of a 1999 school project, Operation Shoe Tree, which "was developed for students to reach out to local celebrities and inquire about their daily lives, from the perspective of the celebrity's shoes. Emily Waldo, a student in the class, wrote an interview letter to J.K. Rowling, asking to interview her shoes."

Included as part of the auction are the books, a handwritten questionnaire filled out and signed by Ms Rowling and a letter from the author's longtime PA, Fiddy.

Thanks to SnitchSeeker for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

I know I won’t be able to afford any of these things but I hope they go big for a great charity

Posted by George E Watson on September 19, 2011, 09:27 PM report to moderator

I really want these…But I know they’ll end up being really expensive.

Posted by Silver Triffel on September 19, 2011, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

JKR does seem to have a bit of a shoe fetish, doesn’t she? But she couldn’t afford designer boots back in those days. I wonder what her shoe size is!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on September 19, 2011, 10:02 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Someone will actually be able to walk in JKR’s shoes! How great it thats!?!

Posted by LunaLuver on September 19, 2011, 10:10 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I NEED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN’T BELIEVE I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HOLD ALL OF THESE THINGS IN MY HANDS!!!!!!!

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on September 19, 2011, 10:29 PM report to moderator

THAT’S SO COOL! I WANT THAT!!! :)

Posted by . on September 19, 2011, 11:12 PM report to moderator

J.K. Rowling wore a handwritten letter? Sorry, couldn’t resist. Wow! I would love those if I could afford them, but they should really go in a museum!

Posted by PotterAcumen on September 19, 2011, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Very stylish boots! Does anyone else think they’re ever-so-slightly Snape-ish?

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 20, 2011, 03:11 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

PS Apart from the high heels, of course!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 20, 2011, 03:12 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

thanks for the update leaky :)

Posted by mencia on September 20, 2011, 04:28 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Shoes? The nargles actually stole them.

Posted by Girlraven1 on September 20, 2011, 07:07 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

THAT’S SO COOL! I WANT THAT!!! :)

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 20, 2011, 09:30 AM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

I so so want that. Alas i won’t be able to afford it.

Posted by HarryLover on September 20, 2011, 09:46 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Isn’t that interesting…

Posted by Won_Two on September 20, 2011, 10:30 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

This made me laugh :D I hope they do well :)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 20, 2011, 12:37 PM report to moderator

"Yeah, size is no guarantee of power," said George. "Look at Ginny."[br]"What d'you mean?" said Harry.[br]"You've never been on the receiving end of one of her Bat-Bogey Hexes, have you?"