Rupert Grint, Jim Broadbent Join Voice Cast of "Postman Pat: The Movie"

HP Cast
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 16, 2011, 10:22 AM

The BBC is reporting that Harry Potter actors Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Jim Broadbent (Professor Slughorn) and David Tennant (Barty Crouch, Jr.) have joined the voice cast of "Postman Pat: The Movie - You Know You're the One."

"Postman Pat: The Movie" will be based on the popular British cartoon which recently celebrated 30 years. The movie will see Postman Pat "lured away from his village by the chance to find fame on a national talent show."

In a statement about the casting, Rupert Grint said:

"Postman Pat is one of those British symbols, I suppose - you are totally familiar with him and his cat Jess, even if you have never watched the series.
"How exciting to be part of the Postman Pat heritage."
The film is expected to have a 3D release in early 2013.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

3yvby_thumb

YAY! RUPERT! but i havnt heart about that one..I do wish him loads on that one..i hope that movie is world wide _ would love to see it _

Posted by FriendlyDeafAngel on September 17, 2011, 01:50 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

♪♫ Postman Pat, Postman Pat with his black-and-white cat ♪♫

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on September 17, 2011, 02:34 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

cool i watch it when i was a kid!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 17, 2011, 04:45 AM report to moderator

Postman Pat entering a talent show…. Jesus it’s changed a bit since when I watched it as a child! He didn’t have a bloomin’ helicopter when I watched it either XD

I wonder which parts they’ll all be playing! I want to know who’s playing Jess =D

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on September 17, 2011, 05:20 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-05-21_at_12

I’m not british but I’ve heard of it! Postman Pat was one of my little brothers favorite bedtime stories!

Posted by emmawatsonfan13 on September 17, 2011, 08:33 AM report to moderator
Imagesca497oi3_thumb

To those in the US who havent seen this programme im posting a link to one of the original episodes which i think must have been made during the 1980s.

Posted by PotterUk on September 17, 2011, 09:18 AM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

great actors

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on September 17, 2011, 03:14 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I’ve never heard of it but I’m glad that Rupert is excited about it and it seems like something that I would want to consider looking at. I’m glad to see Rupert is getting offers.

Posted by molly43 on September 17, 2011, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

Congrats Rupe, Jim and David!
Hopefully I’ll be able to watch it!

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on September 17, 2011, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

i think i saw it once, when i was a lot younger…. and it was on one of the local channels (and it was pretty rare since it was broadcasting in america.) since ruperts making an (voice) apperance in it, i might just “suggest” my little brothers and sisters watch it now. so i can too. just for observation, of course. XD

Posted by hermy007 on September 17, 2011, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

oh cool, thanks for the link Potter Uk! :D

Posted by hermy007 on September 17, 2011, 05:01 PM report to moderator
9c4f419901ab145bf06cc1340624a6b6_thumb
2077 Points

Good luck, Rup! I know you will do well!

Posted by MissWeasley8 on September 17, 2011, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

I’m glad they clarified with the BRITISH icon because I was like, “Postman Pat…?!?” But, that’s how it goes in the States, I suppose.

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on September 17, 2011, 09:41 PM report to moderator
They_didn_t_teach_this_at_hogwarts_thumb

awesome. lol.

Posted by zack.mz.wbm on September 17, 2011, 10:59 PM report to moderator
Img_0194_thumb

So cool, postman pat essentially WAS my childhood and by the time this is released I’ll be able to take my first born, and with added potter and dr who connections even better!

Posted by Huffhop on September 18, 2011, 06:32 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"The Patronus is a kind of positive force, a projection of the very things that the dementor feeds upon -- hope, happiness, the desire to survive -- but it cannot feel despair, as real humans can, so the dementors can't hurt it."