BBC Video Shows New Glimpses of Pottermore Privet Drive Moments, Wand Selection

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 09, 2011, 12:50 PM

A video has come online from the BBC showcasing a few new looks at some of the features and moments set to be a part of Pottermore, J. K. Rowling's new Harry Potter project.  The video, which can be watched right here, gives us a glimpse at some of the sorting procedures users may go through to obtain a wand, a Privet Drive moment, and a quick shot of what appears to be more backstory for the Dursleys.  The report also features comments from Ms. Rowling from the day of Pottermore's reveal on her decision to make Pottermore an online experience and the inclusion of e-books.

Many thanks to SS for the video!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

So can’t wait!!!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on August 09, 2011, 06:57 PM report to moderator

I need to have my wand hand measurements ready. I don’t know them off hand. Finger tip to elbow and that sort.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 09, 2011, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Img_0594_1__thumb

Dobby, if I find out that your holding my letter, I will…I will… use the crucio curse on you.

Posted by CorruptedNethicite on August 09, 2011, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

I really want to see the Pottermore site, but I still want the Scottish book.

Btw, that bit of interview was from a larger one, she gave on 23 June. You can watch it here:
I wrote the transcript in the comments here:

Posted by Tarana on August 09, 2011, 08:00 PM report to moderator

I wouldn’t care for a Scottish book. But i would like another harry potter book. You all can keep the Scottish book. I am a harry potter fan.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 09, 2011, 08:11 PM report to moderator

I take it no one has recieved their letter yet then? I registered on the first day, and everyday that I don’t get my welcome letter is like realizing Sirius won’t be a ghost over and over. It is that level of dissapointment! Gaaaah!

Posted by pottermate on August 09, 2011, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Awesome video! So excited and waiting for my letter. This is going to be one fantastic adventure for us fans.

Posted by beewell on August 09, 2011, 08:37 PM report to moderator

meanwhile waiting patiently for the letter and hoping I can remember my password …

Posted by DavidTheUnready on August 09, 2011, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

God, I wish they’d just Tweet something at the very least…

Posted by HogwartsForever on August 09, 2011, 10:13 PM report to moderator
Draco-malfoy-green_thumb

I want my Welcome letter!!!

Posted by ~*Lily Malfoy*~ on August 10, 2011, 01:17 AM report to moderator
Playing1_thumb

must be patient…………… ITS TOO DIFFICULT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by fargles on August 10, 2011, 01:36 AM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_13_thumb

I’m so excited about Pottermore!!! I hope I can get the letter~ prays

Posted by shi suisen on August 10, 2011, 02:39 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

When ami going to get my letter?

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on August 10, 2011, 06:06 AM report to moderator
Wolf_4_thumb

I entered only on day four, so I guess I’ll receive my welcome letter quite late, but I can’t help refreshing my mail every ten seconds, lol…

In the meantime, I was thinking that this way of spacing out our enties will create a big problem to the Pottermore staff, as far as sorting is concerned! The first ones in will surely spread – through fansites or twitter or facebook… – notice of the questions they have been asked in the sorting procedure. By the second or third wave, I think, the whole lot of HP fans will know which answers will most likeky lead to Griffindor House! From then on, the Pottermore staff will have an hard job of keeping the four houses balanced! How do you feel about that?

Posted by Talenami on August 10, 2011, 06:32 AM report to moderator

I thought they would be worded in such a way the quiz would be difficult to decode. I will take what ever house it sorts me into. Leaky be sure to post spoil warnings when people type the questions from the sorting. Is there a house at hogwarts where honesty is valued? Please you lot don’t spoil the sorting by posting questions from the quiz.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 10, 2011, 07:50 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Never," said Hagrid irritably, "try an' get a straight answer out of a centaur. Ruddy stargazers. Not interested in anythin' closer'n the moon."