BBC Video Shows New Glimpses of Pottermore Privet Drive Moments, Wand Selection

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 09, 2011, 12:50 PM

A video has come online from the BBC showcasing a few new looks at some of the features and moments set to be a part of Pottermore, J. K. Rowling's new Harry Potter project.  The video, which can be watched right here, gives us a glimpse at some of the sorting procedures users may go through to obtain a wand, a Privet Drive moment, and a quick shot of what appears to be more backstory for the Dursleys.  The report also features comments from Ms. Rowling from the day of Pottermore's reveal on her decision to make Pottermore an online experience and the inclusion of e-books.

Many thanks to SS for the video!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Now I’m even more mad I didnt get in early>:{ I’m most excited for the backstory parts, to start learning more about the characters we love, and hate lol, so much. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on August 09, 2011, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Imagescaf0zk2w_thumb

Thats so cool

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{ROAR} on August 09, 2011, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Copy_of__cid__1202082132_thumb

Heh, it’s kind of like waiting for our Hogwarts letters. :) I don’t mind the wait.

Posted by he_who_must_not_be_nicknamed on August 09, 2011, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Sniget_thumb

Kingsleyisawesome, if you managed to get an early account on Pottermore, then you will receive a welcome letter sometime this month. None of us know when the letters will arrive, but we do know that they will be staggered so that the 1 million new accounts are activated gradually. That’s what we’re all excited about; we won’t get to do any of this stuff until the letter arrives in our inbox.

Posted by Ellorgast on August 09, 2011, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Sniget_thumb

The wand selection looks like so much fun! I wonder how many questions there are for it.

Posted by Ellorgast on August 09, 2011, 04:03 PM report to moderator
5185285766_98908b2c7f_large_thumb

omg! I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by LulyLovegood on August 09, 2011, 04:07 PM report to moderator

Yeah, the sign in button.
It evaporated

Posted by camila_black08 on August 09, 2011, 04:17 PM report to moderator

Yes! I can’t wait for Pottermore! It seems really interesting and I love to see all the stuff Jo has hidden from Muggles for over a decade now! (Technically two decades)!

Posted by . on August 09, 2011, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Ravens4ever_thumb

whoa do you get to become like a wizard or something????

Posted by sera409 ♪{WBM}♪ on August 09, 2011, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I got in the first day (FeatherPixie80), and I liked looking at the page that said congratulations. I’m sorry that the sign in button is gone, but maybe that means that we’ll start getting our welcome e-owls sooner rather than later. I hope.

Posted by Eeyore on August 09, 2011, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I can’t wait to get my welcome letter! I’ve been checking my e-mail constantly! I hope it comes soon!

Posted by Jacket on August 09, 2011, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

I’m ready!

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 09, 2011, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

I’m ready!

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 09, 2011, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

I’m ready!

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 09, 2011, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

Oh mi Gosh, this feels like resurrection! wand selection looks interesting!

Posted by Matea on August 09, 2011, 06:42 PM report to moderator

"Mom?" he whispered. "Dad?" They just looked at him, smiling. And slowly, Harry looked into the faces of the other people in the mirror, and saw other pairs of green eyes like his, other noses like his, even a little old man who looked as though he had Ha