Video: Harry Potter Series Wins 7 Awards at Teen Choice Awards, Tom Felton and Rupert Grint Attend

Film Awards
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 07, 2011, 10:58 PM

The "Harry Potter" film series was the recipient of seven awards tonight at the Teen Choice Awards including Choice Summer Movie and Choice Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie for "Deathly Hallows: Part 2."

Actors Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) were present to accept the awards, and Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) later joined in via satellite to thank fans. Video of the special Harry Potter tribute can be seen below:

The awards won include:

Choice Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie: "Deathly Hallows - Part 2"
Choice Summer Movie: "Deathly Hallows - Part 2"
Choice Movie Summer Actor - Male: Daniel Radcliffe
Choice Movie Summer Actress - Female: Emma Watson
Choice Movie Actress, Sci-Fi/Fantasy: Emma Watson
Choice Lip-Lock: Daniel Radcliffe & Emma Watson, "Deathly Hallows - Part 1"
Choice Villain - Tom Felton

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Film Awards News

I’m so proud that Potter has won not one, or two, but SEVEN (of all numbers) awards! I say this every time something positive happens with this but what else can I say: It’s deserved :)

Posted by graziboi on August 07, 2011, 11:22 PM report to moderator
Harryhedwig_1__thumb

I cant believe I missed it!! Ahhhh!

Posted by Valeria Isabel on August 07, 2011, 11:22 PM report to moderator

I only caught the tribute, but I am BURSTING with Potterhead pride right now. The muggles finally got something right!

Posted by LovelyLestrange on August 07, 2011, 11:27 PM report to moderator

YES!!! THAT’S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!! POTTERHEAD PRIDE!!!!!

Posted by dragonquaffle37 on August 07, 2011, 11:37 PM report to moderator
41469_741460511_8404_n_thumb

Awesome they deserve to win…overlooked for years at award shows.

Posted by cjbg1980 on August 07, 2011, 11:46 PM report to moderator
881_thumb

they beat twilight in 4 categories!!!:D
ILOVEYOUDANIELRADCLIFFE<3

Posted by tough~pygmy~puffs*ROAR* on August 08, 2011, 12:25 AM report to moderator

YEAH! Happy Harry Potter finally won something! Though I dont think all of the nominations were good (I like Rupert and Emma’s kiss more than Emma and Daniel’s) but still very happy for them!

Posted by Gryffindorable on August 08, 2011, 12:46 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mdtb9ptt2q1qj84c9o1_500_thumb

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWE DESERVED IT!
I’M SO PROUD!
FU TWI-TARDS,IN YOUR FACES!

Posted by ResaPotter on August 08, 2011, 12:47 AM report to moderator

It’s about time we put Twilight in it’s place. It is good that people are reading, but how can people like that series, and the movies are only slightly better. Yes, I have been dragged to see them by my best friend.

SEVEN!!!!!!!! I’m so happy people have finally realized how great the Harry Potter series is. They don’t tell teenager girls to obsess over boys, and think that they are the only thing in this world that will make them happy. And they don’t tell them to go for the guy who is completely unrealistic, and blow off the guy who has an actual personality/ wouldn’t eat them for a snack!!! What will our future hold if the majority of our teenagers get brainwashed by Twilight?

Sorry, got a little worked up. I’m so happy for the actors, and actress that got awarded for their hard work and talent. :)

Posted by HufflepuffDreamer on August 08, 2011, 12:53 AM report to moderator
139710-emma-watson_thumb

So Happy 4 HP!!! But y da hell every1 was comparing HP 2 Twilight?? i didnt like tht at all!! Is Twilight even worth it???

Posted by samira.rahman3 on August 08, 2011, 01:01 AM report to moderator
139710-emma-watson_thumb

Posted by samira.rahman3 on August 08, 2011, 01:01 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I cant believe I missed it! I totally forgot it was on! But way to go HP! XD And seven no less! We FINALLY put Twilight in its place! Way under Potter where it belongs! Happiness, people, pure happiness. :}

Posted by LunaLuver on August 08, 2011, 01:28 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lsmfflgdix1r2dfmyo4_500_thumb

next stop, Oscars :D

Posted by ceweez on August 08, 2011, 01:32 AM report to moderator
Call_me_snuffles_thumb

HA!!! IN YOUR FACE TWILIGHT!!!!!! And I agree with samira.rahman3 too.

Posted by Free Elf on August 08, 2011, 01:40 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

pffft harry hermione kiss? no way! ron hermione all the way

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on August 08, 2011, 02:01 AM report to moderator

Ron, who had been gazing at Harry, said, "You don't know how bizarre it is to see Goyle [i]thinking[/i]."