Matthew Lewis Talks to Plush Magazine About Harry Potter and Living in Leeds

Lewis Interviews
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 06, 2011, 06:51 PM

Actor Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) recently spoke with Plush Magazine, a free publication distributed near his hometown in Leeds.

In the interview, Lewis talks about staying in Leeds instead of moving to London like most actors, and what the end of Harry Potter means to him. Lewis also mentions being starstruck by actor Rik Mayall who was originally cast to play Peeves in "Sorcerer's Stone" before the part was cut from the films.

A scan of his interview in Plush can be seen at this link.

"There's just something about [Leeds], whether it's my group of friends, I don't know really, but I just don't really want to move away, and I don't have a reason to anyway. I just don't want to. Leeds is where I want to be."
"...it's obviously a sad time coming to the end of something that's so much fun, and all the people, the cast, the crew, just such great fun to be around, but at the same time I was always looking forward to coming back to Leeds, to my friends here, and then the next chapter really....I'm ready for that next step. You look at it like an autobiography, and this is the next page and it's not been written and it's exciting. For the first time in 10 years I don't know what I'm doing next, and that's pretty cool."
Thank you, Sandra, for sending this in!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Lewis Interviews News

Scribblepottermini_thumb

Press the submit button once in future.

Posted by TheLostPotter on August 06, 2011, 08:57 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

So nice to hear something from Matt. And may say, that is one smoking picture! ;)

Posted by LunaLuver on August 06, 2011, 11:26 PM report to moderator

Matthew Lewis is always so adorable (: And I sort of wish Peeves was there, but it’s alright smiles weakly

Posted by . on August 07, 2011, 12:39 AM report to moderator

Neville / Matt are awesome!

Posted by WillowMoon102 on August 07, 2011, 03:40 AM report to moderator
Marguerite_thumb

OMG! Rik Mayall is LORD FLASHEART from Blackadder!! WOOF WOOF!!!

Posted by Despina on August 07, 2011, 04:34 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Great interview

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 07, 2011, 05:01 AM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

Guess I’m the only one here who couldn’t actually read the interview! Too blurry when I upped the zoom level. Wish I could…. oh well.

Posted by izziewitch on August 07, 2011, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Good for you Matt… Like the Grey Gale said… “There’s no place like home”…

Posted by Won_Two on August 07, 2011, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Hey Girlraven, don’t ya just love it when someone moves into a neighborhood & starts giving directions to the locals? loool…

Posted by Won_Two on August 07, 2011, 12:16 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_ft__654654r_thumb

I’m glad to hear that Matthew wants to stay in where he wants to be (In Leeds). Instead of following other actors by moving to London. It’s a good thing to do what you want to do instead of following what others do.

I love Matthew! That’s an awesome pic of him!

Posted by glow_freak on August 07, 2011, 07:18 PM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

Leeds is a great place to be – I used to live there myself and found it quite hard to move. It has everything really – it is delightfully quirky (well it is in Yorkshire, after all :) it is a vibrant city – and you’ve got the most breathtaking nature on your doorstep … the Dales are so beautiful. I miss that landscape so much.

Posted by siena on August 08, 2011, 07:22 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

I love that all the HP actors seem so grounded and humble, they were part of the biggest franchise of all time but they are all just good people :)

Posted by mencia on August 08, 2011, 10:36 AM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

i wish they woulnt of taken out the scene with peeves it would of been so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by athena lupin on August 08, 2011, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

He is awesome!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 01, 2011, 01:36 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"And don't take too long, Weasley, the delay on that firelegs report held our investigation up for a month."[br]"If you had read my report you would know that the term is 'firearms,'" said Mr. Weasley coolly.