Matthew Lewis Talks to Plush Magazine About Harry Potter and Living in Leeds

Lewis Interviews
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 06, 2011, 06:51 PM

Actor Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) recently spoke with Plush Magazine, a free publication distributed near his hometown in Leeds.

In the interview, Lewis talks about staying in Leeds instead of moving to London like most actors, and what the end of Harry Potter means to him. Lewis also mentions being starstruck by actor Rik Mayall who was originally cast to play Peeves in "Sorcerer's Stone" before the part was cut from the films.

A scan of his interview in Plush can be seen at this link.

"There's just something about [Leeds], whether it's my group of friends, I don't know really, but I just don't really want to move away, and I don't have a reason to anyway. I just don't want to. Leeds is where I want to be."
"...it's obviously a sad time coming to the end of something that's so much fun, and all the people, the cast, the crew, just such great fun to be around, but at the same time I was always looking forward to coming back to Leeds, to my friends here, and then the next chapter really....I'm ready for that next step. You look at it like an autobiography, and this is the next page and it's not been written and it's exciting. For the first time in 10 years I don't know what I'm doing next, and that's pretty cool."
Thank you, Sandra, for sending this in!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Lewis Interviews News

Headshot_thumb

I had no idea they were going to do Peeves! So disappointed he wasn’t in the movies.

Great pic of Matt though!

Posted by Lysh on August 06, 2011, 07:12 PM report to moderator
218013_10150157243293459_46389518458_6655174_5491948_n_thumb

Great interview, thanks !ยง!

Posted by HogwartsHP on August 06, 2011, 07:24 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

This is very cool! I’ve always loved Matthew Lewis as Neville – he’s grown to be one of the hottest members of the cast. Fabulous picture.

Posted by Xyra44 on August 06, 2011, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Scribblepottermini_thumb

Yeah, Peeves was cut because they found him hard to fit the movies tone.

Posted by TheLostPotter on August 06, 2011, 07:37 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lpj3u7got11qb4krdo1_500_thumb

Aww! Peeves was one of my favourite characters! haha :D

Posted by Harry-Potter.fan on August 06, 2011, 07:46 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_books_thumb

now that you mention it i can’t remeber Peeves being in the first movie…but i must the agree the pic of Matthew Lewis is really good:)

Posted by Anna Weasley on August 06, 2011, 08:24 PM report to moderator

Love you Matthew.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 06, 2011, 08:53 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Love you Matthew.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 06, 2011, 08:53 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Sorry about multiple posts above.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 06, 2011, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

I think it’s lovely how he feels about his hometown and the people he cares about at home. It’s wonderful that he cares more about staying close to home and figuring out what he wants to do now that the movies are over than he does about going to the big city and being a famous person. Matt is just someone I would love to hang out with of an evening. Just a regular bloke. I love that about him.

Posted by DeliaDee on August 06, 2011, 08:56 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

No fewer than four Stunners had shot from the figures around the cabin toward Professor McGonagall. Halfway between cabin and castle the red beams collided with her. For a moment she looked luminous, illuminated by an eerie red glow, then was lifted right