Get Ready for the 2011 Quidditch World Cup, November 12 and 13 in NYC

Fans
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 06, 2011, 07:43 PM

The International Quidditch Association is gearing up for the 5th annual Quidditch World Cup on November 12 and 13, 2011 in Randall's Island, New York City.

The event will take place across 10 fields with 100 teams represented and 2,000 athletes taking part.

A special video was released by the IQA showing some extraordinary footage from past World Cups to get fans excited for the event. Watch it below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Vdpqtmg_thumb

OMG THIS IS INSANE! I mean it’s awesome but insane! If they have Puddlemere United then I’m voting for them to win. It’d be awesome if they had some of the original teams from the Harry potter books.

Posted by Acciobrooms on August 07, 2011, 03:33 PM report to moderator
H_g0r-001_thumb

eu não vou porque moro no Brasil… Mas queria muito ir… vai ser emocionante

Posted by higorbetand on August 07, 2011, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnlw9fcqf51qdw1bro1_500

I would love to go, I still need to go to NYC to see Daniel in How to… Maybe this would be a good time to got to NY:)

Posted by expectogirl on August 07, 2011, 10:17 PM report to moderator
Call_me_snuffles_thumb

Cool! I think it’s really creative how they make Quidditch real for us! Unfortunately, I won’t be able to go; Chicago is like 10 hours away from me… D:

Posted by Free Elf on August 08, 2011, 01:43 AM report to moderator

For those in Australia wishing they could go – we have lots of Quidditch teams here, even if none of them are going to the World Cup this year.

The ANU Harry Potter Club in Canberra plays Quidditch every Saturday afternoon, and I know quite a few other universities around Australia have active leagues as well. UNSW, UWS and the Uni of Newcastle come to mind. Try Googling “quidditch + [your state]” and you’ll most likely find a team near you.

Posted by Morgyn on August 08, 2011, 08:39 AM report to moderator
Iconator_ff20bdd615cdbf54d1de3fc9cdfe44ed_thumb

I so wish I could go. I’ll never forget the time I was in NC State and I’m wandering the campus and I stumbled upon a Quidditch match in progress. It was truly awesome! :)

Posted by Harry89 !ROAR! on August 08, 2011, 12:40 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

i wish i could b there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by athena lupin on August 08, 2011, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Telephone_booth_thumb

This is amazing!!! If only I lived in NY…

Posted by LiveLaughLove on August 08, 2011, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_thumb

I would looooove to be on a team <3

Posted by ilovequiddichsofi on August 08, 2011, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Imagescaf0zk2w_thumb

thats cool

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{ROAR} on August 09, 2011, 10:13 AM report to moderator
Imagescaf0zk2w_thumb

i wish it was in ontario but i still have a chance of going to it

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{ROAR} on August 09, 2011, 11:02 AM report to moderator

WOW THIS IS AWESOME (^_^) Please, where is Randall’s Island close to and can you suggest please an affordable hotel closest to the venue. I’m dying to watch Quiditch World Cup live

Posted by harrmione55 on August 09, 2011, 11:58 AM report to moderator

woah!! I wonder what are the positions played…cuz,it is quite impossible to have a seeker….

Posted by Syafiqah28 on August 13, 2011, 12:21 PM report to moderator
From_start_to_finish_by_tian_cai-d33cmh1_thumb

i will go! :], i mean i am only an hour away from my college. i just need to take a train :3

Posted by handhrfan18 on August 14, 2011, 01:33 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I’m not the biggest muggle-quidditch fan, but it still looks fun!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 01, 2011, 01:40 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"An ordinary common or garden rat like this can't be expected to live longer than three-years or so," said the witch. "Now, if you were looking for something a bit more hard-wearing, you might like one of [br]these --"[br]She indicated the black rats, who