Get Ready for the 2011 Quidditch World Cup, November 12 and 13 in NYC

Fans
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 06, 2011, 07:43 PM

The International Quidditch Association is gearing up for the 5th annual Quidditch World Cup on November 12 and 13, 2011 in Randall's Island, New York City.

The event will take place across 10 fields with 100 teams represented and 2,000 athletes taking part.

A special video was released by the IQA showing some extraordinary footage from past World Cups to get fans excited for the event. Watch it below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Funny_thumb

Haha that is so mad, if only that was in Australia i would be playing it

Posted by Expelliarmus11 on August 07, 2011, 02:54 AM report to moderator

So how does this thing work? It looks like Rugby with one hand occupied in holding a broom stick. As for the Australian folks, when watching Australian Rules Football just imagine they are holding brooms……

Posted by Mr.Bones on August 07, 2011, 03:55 AM report to moderator

Please sign this petition for Warner Bros. to release proper Extended Versions of the Harry Potter films!

Share the link on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, forums, anywhere.
We have over 7200 signatures and could really use your help to boost the numbers!

Find us on Facebook:

Reblog on Tumblr:

Please feature this is as news, Leaky!

Posted by Vashetti on August 07, 2011, 07:57 AM report to moderator

I SO wish I could go!!!

Posted by CordeliaBushweed on August 07, 2011, 09:36 AM report to moderator

I SO wish I could go!!!

Posted by CordeliaBushweed on August 07, 2011, 09:36 AM report to moderator

I SO wish I could go!!!

Posted by CordeliaBushweed on August 07, 2011, 09:36 AM report to moderator

I SO wish I could go!!!

Posted by CordeliaBushweed on August 07, 2011, 09:36 AM report to moderator
Gryfindor_lion_thumb

But there are onlu American University teams and 3 teams from Argentina, Ontario and New Zealand. No teams from Europe????

Posted by Patronus 27 on August 07, 2011, 09:47 AM report to moderator
Da_thumb

maybe i’ll be able to persuade my mom :D

Posted by harrypotter4258 on August 07, 2011, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

OMG this is so cool !!

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on August 07, 2011, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

i think my mum is planning to take me to new york in november!maybe we can go see it! p.s. when i said mum i am not british i just love acting it

Posted by farewell_fred on August 07, 2011, 12:15 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

They need to get better brooms…

Posted by Won_Two on August 07, 2011, 12:25 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_watson_2012_emma_ft__654654r_thumb

This is pretty cool! I might join it! :)

ughhhhh i really wanna go!!!!!!!!! I’ll be watching it online though…….

Posted by kandeeland {WBM!} (PotterMore: RuneQuill194) on August 07, 2011, 01:32 PM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

HAHAHA!!! Thats awesome! I wanna go!!!

Posted by sboyer06 on August 07, 2011, 03:28 PM report to moderator

"Harry," she said timidly, "don't you see? This... this is exactly why we need you... We need to know what it's r-really like... facing him... facing V-Voldemort."[br]It was the first time she had ever said Voldemort's name, and it was this, more than any