Get Ready for the 2011 Quidditch World Cup, November 12 and 13 in NYC

Fans
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 06, 2011, 07:43 PM

The International Quidditch Association is gearing up for the 5th annual Quidditch World Cup on November 12 and 13, 2011 in Randall's Island, New York City.

The event will take place across 10 fields with 100 teams represented and 2,000 athletes taking part.

A special video was released by the IQA showing some extraordinary footage from past World Cups to get fans excited for the event. Watch it below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Scribblepottermini_thumb

As much as I wish for this brilliant take on the Wizarding Quidditch to be in the UK…

…only in America. Has to be said.

Posted by TheLostPotter on August 06, 2011, 07:45 PM report to moderator

I’ll be participating! Transylvania Animagi represent!

Posted by EscoDingo on August 06, 2011, 07:51 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lpj3u7got11qb4krdo1_500_thumb

I wish it were in Australia!

Posted by Harry-Potter.fan on August 06, 2011, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lpj3u7got11qb4krdo1_500_thumb

I wish it were in Australia!

Posted by Harry-Potter.fan on August 06, 2011, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

woohoo, r they showing it on espn?

Posted by Brianna on August 06, 2011, 08:22 PM report to moderator

No, but it’ll be broadcast for your listening pleasure on the Wizarding Wireless Network ;)…

Posted by Maestra2 on August 06, 2011, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Bigger than ever!

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 06, 2011, 08:58 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_capture_thumb

I wonder what it’s like to be at a game?

Posted by sirius33 on August 06, 2011, 09:13 PM report to moderator

Oh wow didn’t realise it was that big. Wish I could see a game played in Australia.

Posted by Filmgirl152 on August 06, 2011, 10:44 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

I need to find a Quidditch team somewhere in England. Next World Cup, I better have a team. Then, sign me up. I’ll be there.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on August 06, 2011, 10:52 PM report to moderator
Luna_in_class_thumb

I’ll be there this year! It’s going to be great! It’ll be a big letdown if Middlebury wins again, for the fifth time in a row….

Posted by trenchcoatstate on August 06, 2011, 10:54 PM report to moderator
Img_0594_1__thumb

I may have to fly over there and check this out. I had no idea Quidditch was this popular enough for people to form there own teams. I may form my own team and compete( in the future).

Posted by CorruptedNethicite on August 06, 2011, 11:07 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I would love to the World Cup! Its so awesome Quidditch can me real in the muggle world. If its on ESPN I’ll be watching!

Posted by LunaLuver on August 06, 2011, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

I want to go so badly, but my mother won’t let me (2 months away from my 18th birthday…) :(

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on August 06, 2011, 11:45 PM report to moderator

It’s nice to know the ways they bring certain parts in books to life, although not an exact replica, it’s pretty amazing! (;

Posted by . on August 07, 2011, 12:44 AM report to moderator

"Are you going to ask me to dance at all?" Padma asked him.[br]"No," said Ron, still glaring after Hermione.