Updated: Day 7 Clue for Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 05, 2011, 08:19 PM

Update: Early access to Pottermore is now closed. Congratulations to everyone who found the Magical Quill, and for those who didn't Pottermore will be open for everyone to register in October.

The seventh and final clue, from Deathly Hallows, for the Magical Quill Challenge is now live:

How many Deathly Hallows are there?
Multiply this number by 7.

Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users.

Best of luck to everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Ugh I can’t believe I didn’t find the magic quill. I never got on on time! It was so annoying. I’ll just have to wait till October.

Posted by radcliffe18 on August 08, 2011, 04:39 PM report to moderator

I think the finial letters are starting to go out. Pottermore site is doing strange things. Watch your emails.

Posted by carole44 on August 08, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator

I still can’t believe it’s over and i didn’t get in! I mean, the answer is 21 for Fred’s sake! I got that in like, 5 seconds! :( I’m really mad.

Posted by radcliffe18 on August 08, 2011, 05:09 PM report to moderator

I believe if you didn’t confirm within 48 hours your email welcoming you to Pottermore you will have to wait till October to open a new account.

Posted by carole44 on August 08, 2011, 05:19 PM report to moderator

Yeah I agree pottermore is definitely doing strange things

Posted by tim_2006 on August 08, 2011, 05:44 PM report to moderator

Errol must have gotten lost. While delivering my welcome letter.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 08, 2011, 08:17 PM report to moderator

I am getting bored. I decided to name the owl on McGonagall’s desk “Hoot”.

Posted by tim_2006 on August 09, 2011, 12:12 AM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

I wonder how they will figure out who gets first crack at the site. People who registered on the first day, then second day and so on? Or just random? The clues on the first couple days were harder than the last couple.

Posted by Silvery Doe on August 09, 2011, 10:04 AM report to moderator

Grrr! i AM NOT GOING TO WAIT TILL OCTOBER!

Posted by radcliffe18 on August 09, 2011, 10:44 PM report to moderator

Hey! tim_2006, I like that! I’m pretty bored too.

Posted by radcliffe18 on August 09, 2011, 10:45 PM report to moderator

What do you think will be the next big thing?

Posted by radcliffe18 on August 09, 2011, 11:00 PM report to moderator
Img_0058_-_kopie_thumb

I just got a congratulations e-mail saying: We will activate your account between mid-August and the end of September, so keep checking your inbox for our Welcome email.

Between mid-August and the end of September :O So for all we know we could be getting that mail only a week before everyone else can get on… Then why did we bother finding the magical quill?! I really hope it will be sooner rather than later, because that really wouldn’t be fun!! We’re all looking forward to this so much, I wish they wouldn’t let us wait for so long! x

Posted by KittyVD on August 10, 2011, 04:12 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Waiting for October!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 30, 2011, 04:04 PM report to moderator

He was very fond of his wand, and as far as he was concerned its relation to Voldemort's wand was something it couldn't help... However, he really hoped that Mr. Ollivander wasn't about to tell the room about it. He had a funny feeling Rita Skeeter's Quic