Updated: Day 7 Clue for Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 05, 2011, 08:19 PM

Update: Early access to Pottermore is now closed. Congratulations to everyone who found the Magical Quill, and for those who didn't Pottermore will be open for everyone to register in October.

The seventh and final clue, from Deathly Hallows, for the Magical Quill Challenge is now live:

How many Deathly Hallows are there?
Multiply this number by 7.

Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users.

Best of luck to everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

The sixth day, the site took you to a video preview of the Harry Potter theme park in Orlando, and you basically just had to wait for the little feather to float on by (over the virtual map of the park) and click on it. At least, that’s how it all worked out for me. I suppose it was a way of rewarding patience, since I initially thought I’d been led to nothing more than an advertisement, but I let it play out and Mr. Quill soon showed up.

Posted by critterfur on August 06, 2011, 09:16 AM report to moderator

i hope the pottermore insider puts up a post that gives us some idea about when we can expect our welcome email. even if its as simple as ‘first come first serve’ or ‘randomly selected’

Posted by luckyleo81 on August 06, 2011, 10:36 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Glad thats over… Too much lost sleep & angst! looool…

Posted by Won_Two on August 06, 2011, 10:41 AM report to moderator

@luckyleo81 – I hope it’s done by day registered. That would seem like the ‘fair’ option.

Posted by wbingham on August 06, 2011, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Nagini1_normal_thumb

I managed to register my account on the first day of the Magical Quill challenge. I’m extremely anxious and excited to receive my Welcome e-mail, the leaked screencaps look very promising indeed.

Posted by Slytherins on August 06, 2011, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Sniget_thumb

So the quill was a bit different on some of the days? On Day 1, it was just floating among a bunch of other feathers. If I clicked the wrong feather it told me “that’s not the magical quill!”

Posted by Ellorgast on August 06, 2011, 04:20 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lp8dykvbpi1qlvavao1_500-pottermore_thumb

I can’t wait!!!! :D

Posted by XPhantomrune on August 06, 2011, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Avtar__pottermore_thumb

I got in the third day!!

I feel awesome!!!

I can’t wait!!

Can I have that waffle?
(>•_•)> #<(•_•<)

No, too bad!
(>--)> t(•• )>#

Oh dang, he has a sword!
(>°~°)>=[]===> (^•o•)>#

Posted by meb99 on August 06, 2011, 04:58 PM report to moderator

Good luck to everyone! And thanks to MyLeaky for the update!

Posted by . on August 06, 2011, 06:19 PM report to moderator

I GOT IN POTTERMORE ON DAY 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it was the BEST day of my life!

Posted by zoey_potter on August 06, 2011, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Well I am glad that’s over I think.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 06, 2011, 09:20 PM report to moderator

my validation email already expired and it tells me to create a new account? what will i do?

Posted by seveleo on August 07, 2011, 03:03 AM report to moderator

Posted by seveleo on August 07, 2011, 03:03 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

seveleo: If less than 48 hours have passed, try using a different web browser. Some people have had problems verifying their account, presumably due to some web browser setting or add on, or perhaps a stale cookie. They have reported that they succeeded by trying a different web browser or verifying from a different computer.

Posted by roonwit on August 07, 2011, 04:32 AM report to moderator
Img_0058_-_kopie_thumb

Congratulations to all who got in!! I can’t wait for that welcome email! so excited! x

Posted by KittyVD on August 07, 2011, 06:00 AM report to moderator

Very slowly -- but still glaring at each other as though each wished the other nothing but ill -- Sirius and Snape moved toward each other and shook hands. They let go extremely quickly.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014