Updated: Day 7 Clue for Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 05, 2011, 08:19 PM

Update: Early access to Pottermore is now closed. Congratulations to everyone who found the Magical Quill, and for those who didn't Pottermore will be open for everyone to register in October.

The seventh and final clue, from Deathly Hallows, for the Magical Quill Challenge is now live:

How many Deathly Hallows are there?
Multiply this number by 7.

Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users.

Best of luck to everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

I got the quill on day 4, and I’m already registered, but, has anyone had access to pottermore yet?? I just can’t wait, want to start exploring the site!!

Posted by nadia_m on August 06, 2011, 12:12 AM report to moderator
Ginny_weasley_thumb

Thank you so much roonwit I got in!! Woohooo! Yeah :)

Posted by ginnyw7 on August 06, 2011, 12:13 AM report to moderator

So glad I got in on Day 6 because I thought Day 7 was tomorrow night!! ShadowMoon** and daughter GlowLumos** are totally excited to get going – looking next for our “entry” days!

Posted by Maestra2 on August 06, 2011, 12:27 AM report to moderator
Th_dawn_icons_thumb

Yeah…I got in on Day 5. the time period that it was going to open in was 11:30am – 3pm so I just sat at the computer and refreshed every few seconds…one thing that I ran into was that I typed in “http://www.quill…” when it is only supposed to be “http://quill….” haha when I typed it in the first way and it didn’t work, i was freaking out, but I figured it out soon enough. My username is LumosDraconis43…does anyone know when they are going to start sending emails allowing people access? I’m guessing they are going to let people in based on the days that they registered on…day 1, 2, 3, 4, etc..

Posted by hpfanaticfan2011 on August 06, 2011, 12:59 AM report to moderator
Forrester_thumb

I really hope that the force screen names are gone once the site is out of beta and goes live. I know they say it’s for child protection, but it so archaic as to be annoying.

Posted by DrForester on August 06, 2011, 01:23 AM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

I GOT IN!!! YEA!

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on August 06, 2011, 01:50 AM report to moderator
Emma-watson_thumb

Hurrah,Finally Got in!!!!!!!!

Posted by dmgryffindor on August 06, 2011, 02:45 AM report to moderator

Hooray! I got in finally!

Posted by WillowMoon102 on August 06, 2011, 03:41 AM report to moderator
Th_abaharrypotter_thumb

I am in on the 2nd day, on everyday’s clue you had to look around on the link page to find the quill. WTG all who figured this out, sorry for those who have to wait, but there is always Leaky for screen shots and hints(there is a Pottermore Central page as well…check it out. http://forums.pottermorecentral.com
My id is the same there as here!

Posted by Rhemas on August 06, 2011, 05:20 AM report to moderator
Wall_thumb

What site did it take you to for Day 7?

Posted by Loader Lady on August 06, 2011, 06:44 AM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

The website for window/day 7 was the Warner Bros. HP7 part 2 site with a trailer for the movie. Enter something in the Parseltongue Translator and click. The quill was in a pop-up box at the top of the screen. Hover over each of the quills in the box until one glows. Click on it to go to registration.

Posted by Phoenix1946 on August 06, 2011, 07:57 AM report to moderator
Funny_thumb

I got in on the 3rd day so i could avoid staying up late :D

Posted by Expelliarmus11 on August 06, 2011, 07:59 AM report to moderator
Funny_thumb

On the 3rd day you had to levitate the quill

Posted by Expelliarmus11 on August 06, 2011, 08:00 AM report to moderator
Funny_thumb

Did you have to do something new to the quill on a different day??

Posted by Expelliarmus11 on August 06, 2011, 08:01 AM report to moderator

if you just typed pottermore.com then the answer it won’t work. you need to type http://quill.pottermore.com/. it says so in the box to the right

Posted by gem2 on August 06, 2011, 09:11 AM report to moderator