Updated: Day 7 Clue for Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 05, 2011, 08:19 PM

Update: Early access to Pottermore is now closed. Congratulations to everyone who found the Magical Quill, and for those who didn't Pottermore will be open for everyone to register in October.

The seventh and final clue, from Deathly Hallows, for the Magical Quill Challenge is now live:

How many Deathly Hallows are there?
Multiply this number by 7.

Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users.

Best of luck to everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Rondh2posterfull_thumb

I dit it, finally got the time right, see you at Pottermore

Posted by Cassidinae on August 05, 2011, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I’ve put a word into the translator and nothing happens for me! I think I’m going to cry! :’(

Posted by LunaLuver on August 05, 2011, 10:22 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Why isnt working for those like me who are using their phone??x

Posted by LunaLuver on August 05, 2011, 10:24 PM report to moderator

Finally was able to have a chance to try to get signed up. So happy I was able to get the chance. Very excited. :)

Posted by FinallyPJ on August 05, 2011, 10:25 PM report to moderator
Pon_zi_16_thumb

I got in!!!!! sooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted by xXMarcosXMaliceXx on August 05, 2011, 10:29 PM report to moderator
Dracoron001_thumb

Because phones don’t usually handle flash, which is what I’m assuming is being used on the site (I’ve already got my account, so idk for sure). Internet capabilities for phones are typically limited like this.

Posted by writeranon on August 05, 2011, 10:32 PM report to moderator
Book_thumb

It worked on an iPod Touch so it should have worked on a phone. But you had to click on an ad at the top of the page, not on the parseltongue parts.

Posted by jillians642 on August 05, 2011, 10:34 PM report to moderator

Last day last minute it finally worked and I have my Pottermore account. Yeah!

Posted by dragonfrog on August 05, 2011, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Joined!!!! It closed right before my brother did though. The thing is, I came back from camp on the 4th day, spent all of the 5th day in the car, and the time span for the 6th day at my Grampa’s funeral and burial!

Posted by Hermione Lovegood {SpellSky27} on August 05, 2011, 10:42 PM report to moderator
22_thumb

I got in! Everynight it came on way to late for me to stay up cause I’m on the west coast. But finally! I logged on Facebook and saw the Leaky post and it was from an hour ago and I was like “OH NO! It’s probably over!” BUT IT WASNT! Oh sweet bliss.

Posted by jellyinthesky on August 05, 2011, 10:45 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Well I give up! I just cant get it no matter what I do! >:/

Posted by LunaLuver on August 05, 2011, 10:58 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

sorry @lunaluver you will get in in October.Your still magical don’t worry! ;)

Posted by Dlcohm7 on August 05, 2011, 11:16 PM report to moderator

I was fortunate to register on the 4th day. It was fun to go back and test my knowledge and see how other fans were faring. It’s always fun to do Harry Potter related activities. I cannot wait to get in Pottermore. I’m debating about rereading the series or fanfiction to keep myself busy as I wait. XD

Posted by AngeLaFay on August 05, 2011, 11:17 PM report to moderator
Before_qudditch_thumb

My lord, that is so easy.

Posted by TasyaWeasley on August 05, 2011, 11:23 PM report to moderator
20261_1274074097358_1395090330_30880094_3910781_n_thumb

Wow, the answer to the Pottermore clue on my birthday is the age I’m turning. That’s cool.

Posted by Egor on August 05, 2011, 11:47 PM report to moderator

"You know what could be in there?" said Luna eagerly, as the wall started to spin yet again.[br]"Something blibbering, no doubt," said Hermione under her breath, and Neville gave a nervous little laugh.