Updated: Day 7 Clue for Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 05, 2011, 08:19 PM

Update: Early access to Pottermore is now closed. Congratulations to everyone who found the Magical Quill, and for those who didn't Pottermore will be open for everyone to register in October.

The seventh and final clue, from Deathly Hallows, for the Magical Quill Challenge is now live:

How many Deathly Hallows are there?
Multiply this number by 7.

Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users.

Best of luck to everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Portret_thumb

Yaaay! I did it, I’m in!! :D

Posted by rooda666 on August 05, 2011, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I’m on the proper site, I can see the quill be I cant click it because my stupid phone wont do what I want!! Someone please help me!!!!!

Posted by LunaLuver on August 05, 2011, 09:43 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Pretty please! Anyone I’m freaking out here!!!! :((((

Posted by LunaLuver on August 05, 2011, 09:44 PM report to moderator
Harryhedwig_1__thumb

I cant see the quill!! were is it!!??

Posted by Valeria Isabel on August 05, 2011, 09:47 PM report to moderator
Ginger_family_thumb

I’m not playing since I already have an account, but when I first looked at the clue I got it it confused w/horcruxes.;/ It took me a few minutes to get what they were asking.

Posted by gingerfan on August 05, 2011, 09:49 PM report to moderator
Harryhedwig_1__thumb

Im on the right page but i cant see the quill! Im freaking out!

Posted by Valeria Isabel on August 05, 2011, 09:50 PM report to moderator

You type a word or phrase in the paseltongue translator and it takes you to the registration page. Don’t give up!
Happy to say I got in (UnicornFrog8) so decided I better not be a lurker here any longer and signed up for this site too. Yes, I have made a fine art of procratination…

Posted by uschi on August 05, 2011, 09:50 PM report to moderator

roonwit: thanks so much i did what you said and it worked i got in thanks so much for your help

Posted by clpotter on August 05, 2011, 09:51 PM report to moderator
Harryhedwig_1__thumb

Im going to cry! I FOUND IT! i had to use another computer! HORRAY!

Posted by Valeria Isabel on August 05, 2011, 09:56 PM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

I got in!

Posted by HogwartsForever on August 05, 2011, 09:57 PM report to moderator
Ginny_weasley_thumb

Thanks the world!!! I’m on guys :)

Posted by ginnyw7 on August 05, 2011, 09:58 PM report to moderator

Still on at 9:40 PM EST.
Internet Explorer works best, Firefox doesn’t work best, and phones…well…the people that get through on phones don’t post complaints. The ones that don’t get through on phones? They have posted on Leaky.

Posted by trontech on August 05, 2011, 10:05 PM report to moderator
N1081704126_19359_1414_thumb

I cannot believe how long the clue has been up! WhOa!

Posted by Runwild101 (Robby) on August 05, 2011, 10:06 PM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

Yay! Just got my account. I just got home from finally seeing the Deathly Hallows part 2 and the question was there when I logged on. So excited!!!!

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on August 05, 2011, 10:11 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

I wasn’t going to try, figured I’d be too late, but I got in right away! Unbelievable, to see that banner telling me I’m magical! And the first user name was the best—RoseRune78; the others were a bit wierd. Already got my confirmation email and when I followed it to the site, it said I was part of the Beta group. Wonder if that’s true; I thought there’d be too many of us for all of us to get to be part of that. And actually, I don’t care; just knowing I’m “legit” is enough for now!! Can’t wait for this to start.

Posted by izziewitch on August 05, 2011, 10:16 PM report to moderator

"Ron! Ron! Are you all right?" squealed Hermione.[br]Ron opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. Instead he gave an almighty belch and several slugs dribbled out of his mouth onto his lap.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014