Updated: Day 6 Clue for Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 05, 2011, 10:49 AM

Update: Registration for day 6 is now closed. Day 7's registration will take place between 12:30am and 3:00am BST which will still be Friday for some parts of the world (11.30pm – 2am GMT/ 7.30pm – 10pm EST/ 4.30pm – 7pm PST).

The Half-Blood Prince clue for Day 6 of the Magical Quill Challenge is now live.

How many chapters are there in HARRY POTTER and the Half-Blood Prince? Multiply this number by 14.
Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users. Please do not post the answer or link in the comments!

Be quick! Registration will only be open while spaces are still available each day.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hufflepuff_animated_avvy_by_potter_fan_thumb_thumb

how long does it take for the verification email to arrive? i got my 6 clue account but still no email :(

Posted by pandyapple on August 05, 2011, 07:33 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_animated_avvy_by_potter_fan_thumb_thumb

account ON 6th clue, not 6th account, lol

Posted by pandyapple on August 05, 2011, 07:34 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

ok..it is now 7:44 p.m. EST and the page still isn’t open. Gee..guess I am going to have to keep refreshing the page ever few seconds. This is my last chance and I do believe it isn’t going to happen for me. Good Luck to those who haven’t gotten an account yet!

Posted by beewell on August 05, 2011, 08:07 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

pandyapple: The verification email can appear almost immediately or take several hours – not very helpful I am afraid.

Posted by roonwit on August 05, 2011, 08:09 PM report to moderator

Beewell, I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I was on vacation until about an hour ago, with no Internet access or anything… terribly painful to come home to millions of Facebook statuses going “ha! I have a Pottermore!” This is my one chance and I am sitting here… waiting… :D

Posted by Libby on August 05, 2011, 08:16 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Good luck Libby! Hang in there!

Posted by beewell on August 05, 2011, 08:20 PM report to moderator
Ebg_old_books_thumb

I am also waiting Libby. Seen anything yet?

Posted by Norian on August 05, 2011, 08:21 PM report to moderator
Ebg_old_books_thumb

GOT IT!!!

Posted by Norian on August 05, 2011, 08:27 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

WOOHOO! I got in…finally got to register! It is very magical to see your name in the book. Can’t wait for the email to come so I can go into Pottermore! Good Luck to those who haven’t gotten in yet.

Posted by beewell on August 05, 2011, 08:31 PM report to moderator

clue 7 is active now
8:10 pm est

Posted by trontech on August 05, 2011, 08:32 PM report to moderator
Ebg_old_books_thumb

Yep, I just got it.

Posted by Norian on August 05, 2011, 08:32 PM report to moderator

Odd…I’m on Parseltongue translator and there is no quill.

Posted by trontech on August 05, 2011, 08:42 PM report to moderator

Trontech — there’s a banner thing at the top of the page with quills floating around; click that!

Posted by Libby on August 05, 2011, 08:44 PM report to moderator

Ummm…no, there isn’t. Maybe it’s because they know I got in 2 days ago. PS Firefox is arguing that the translator site is untrustworthy. I’ll switch to Internet explorer. Pss. I’m not trying to re-register. Just having fun seeing if I can get the quill.

Posted by trontech on August 05, 2011, 08:47 PM report to moderator

Bingo. Internet Explorer got the banner with quill. Just in case anybody can’t get in with Firefox. Maybe it was adblock stopping the banner.

Posted by trontech on August 05, 2011, 08:51 PM report to moderator

He stuck out his forearm and showed it to Fudge, who recoiled.[br]"There," said Snape harshly. "There. The Dark Mark.... Every Death Eater has the sign burned into him by the Dark Lord. It was a means of distinguishing one another, and his means of summon

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014