Updated: Day 6 Clue for Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 05, 2011, 10:49 AM

Update: Registration for day 6 is now closed. Day 7's registration will take place between 12:30am and 3:00am BST which will still be Friday for some parts of the world (11.30pm – 2am GMT/ 7.30pm – 10pm EST/ 4.30pm – 7pm PST).

The Half-Blood Prince clue for Day 6 of the Magical Quill Challenge is now live.

How many chapters are there in HARRY POTTER and the Half-Blood Prince? Multiply this number by 14.
Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users. Please do not post the answer or link in the comments!

Be quick! Registration will only be open while spaces are still available each day.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Logen_cruz_thumb

I’m sure everyone has an account by now…

Posted by allprostar31 on August 05, 2011, 11:01 AM report to moderator
Pegasus1_thumb

WOW it was up for almost 2 hours! Easy clue too, only difficulty was realizing you didn’t have to sit through the video lol.

Posted by Mom Weasley on August 05, 2011, 11:14 AM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

Cries I keep missing it, first I was in school and today I slept too late :( I’ll try tomorrow hopefully

Posted by joeys_mommy on August 05, 2011, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

I’m in! So freaking excited. I kept missing it because I was at work but I woke up early today and decided to check just in case. BAHHH! So E-X-C-I-T-E-D!!

Posted by Sauvium ROAR!? on August 05, 2011, 11:33 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

Missed the timing again! Checked too early, and then checked again too late… Sigh!

Posted by Agrippa1 on August 05, 2011, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

joeys_mommy: note “tomorrow” is today in many cases. The window for the clue to appear starts in a bit over 8 hours time.

Posted by roonwit on August 05, 2011, 11:41 AM report to moderator
Wall_thumb

What site did it take you to?

Posted by Loader Lady on August 05, 2011, 11:42 AM report to moderator
Logen_cruz_thumb

@joeys_mommy & @Agripp1. Just remember that day 7’s chance is actually tonight in the US. 7:30 – 10:00 PM EST. Don’t miss it!

Posted by allprostar31 on August 05, 2011, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Clue 6 took you to the wizarding world of Harry Potter site, and the quill was floating around in the bottom left corner of the map you get to after the introduction video.

Posted by roonwit on August 05, 2011, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Logen_cruz_thumb

@Loader Lady: today it went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter’s website

Posted by allprostar31 on August 05, 2011, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

now, i think thats a harder clue. you definitly needed the book with you for this one. or is that just me ? :P

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on August 05, 2011, 12:16 PM report to moderator

The issue for some today was the fact that info regarding the books refers to the UK editions. I remember seeing that in the Pottermore blog somewhere. I managed to get in and register. I’m happy now :-) Good luck to everyone on the last attempt!

Posted by PixieOwl on August 05, 2011, 12:34 PM report to moderator

I wonder how many people who haven’t read the books have gotten in

Posted by lovegood723 on August 05, 2011, 12:40 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

The clue was easy. There are 30 chps in both books. but when I put the clue in it said to go back to the gateway and tht didn’t make sense to me. plus the directions said to add the numb to the website address and hit “return”. I hit “enter” on my computer- I didn’t see a return. even then it didn’t go smoothly. I saw the theme park through the cape. After going back and forth I finally got in. I almost missed it like Agrippa1. Good luck to those of you who really want to get in. I am so happy and relieved I got in.

Posted by molly43 on August 05, 2011, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnlw9fcqf51qdw1bro1_500

Hey Gang-I don’t want to alarm anyone but I received 2 emails for a request to change my Pottermore password that I did NOT request. I don’t know if someone somewhere is trying to access my (or anyone else’s) Pottermore account but I think that we Potter fans should be aware of the possibility of someone trying to do this. Again I don’t want to alarm anyone but be aware of this happening. At the bottom of the email it said “If you did not request a Pottermore password reminder, please ignore this email.” so I ignored it. Just remember-Constant Vigilance!

Posted by expectogirl on August 05, 2011, 01:17 PM report to moderator

"Ever since I found out Snape was teaching here, I've wondered why Dumbledore hired him. Snape's always been fascinated by the Dark Arts, he was famous for it at school. Slimy, oily, greasy-haired kid, he was," Sirius added, and Harry and Ron grinned at e