Pottermore Blog Updates With Info on Verification Emails and Day 6/Day 7 Clue Times

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 04, 2011, 04:15 PM

The Pottermore Insider Blog has updated their FAQ again to answer questions about sharing Pottermore accounts, verification emails, and the clue times for the last two days of the Magical Quill Challenge:

I have a friend who wants to use my Pottermore account. Is it okay to share my password?
Your Pottermore account is for your personal use only. You should never divulge your Pottermore password to anyone because it protects your personal information from potential misuse and identity theft. By creating an account on Pottermore, you confirm that you will treat your login details as confidential. If you would like more information, please see our Terms & Conditions.

I haven't received my verification email yet; has there been a delay in sending these out?
Earlier in the week, there was an issue with Yahoo! Mail and some related services, which meant that some validation emails were taking longer than normal to arrive. This issue has now been resolved. However, we have been unable to deliver validation emails to approximately one in ten of the email addresses supplied to us due to them being mistyped. If you have not received a validation email within 48 hours of submitting your details to Pottermore, you should assume that we have been unable to deliver your validation email to you, and you will need to register again.

Please be very careful when entering your email address; don't forget to double-check it before you click ‘Continue’!

UPDATED: So far, all the clues have appeared in the early hours of the morning in my time zone. Will this continue for the remainder of The Magical Quill challenge?
We know that Harry Potter fans around the world are taking part in the challenge, so we will be varying the times that the clues are revealed. We can tell you that tomorrow’s clue (Day 6) will be released between 1:30pm and 4.00pm BST, and the final clue (Day 7) will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST on Saturday 6 August.

For your reference, 1:30 pm BST is 8:30 am EST and 5:30 am PST, while 12:30 am BST is 7:30 pm EST and 4:30 pm PST. You can read more of the FAQ here. Good luck everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Img_0594_1__thumb

I’m just waiting for confirmation.

Posted by CorruptedNethicite on August 05, 2011, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Hobgoblin_thumb

Day 6 is closed now. It did stay open longer than any previous day, so Day 7 might be longer yet as we reach saturation. The time estimates put Day 7 as starting later this evening for US folks. Good luck!

Posted by sarshao on August 05, 2011, 11:16 AM report to moderator
Img_0594_1__thumb

I’m in there, that was fast and painless.

Posted by CorruptedNethicite on August 05, 2011, 11:34 AM report to moderator

@Gwendolyn since I never recieved my email I tried again this am and got in and got my email. I used my yahoo instead of my aol.

Posted by Doxie2962 on August 05, 2011, 01:21 PM report to moderator

Hey Guys Digital Trends site reported scammers on E-bay and web sites that are not the Pottermore site So ya all be careful.

Posted by carole44 on August 05, 2011, 02:17 PM report to moderator

I got really annoyed with Pottermore, so I decided to just wait until October, but I checked it, just to be sure, if the clue was there. One morning at 10:15 AM i went to check pottermore on day 6. the clue was there, so i answered it, (30), and it took me to another website and I clicked on the magic quill, I registered and that day was probably the best day of my life!!!!!!!!

Posted by zoey_potter on August 05, 2011, 10:48 PM report to moderator

Now to wait for the Welcome Letter. SO EXCITED!

Posted by AngeLaFay on August 06, 2011, 12:20 AM report to moderator

how much time dya reckon will it take for me to actually be able to use my account- that is, will the welcome email take a load of time to come?
@Bandersnatch could you tell me what time the Clue 7 will come in India?

Posted by hermioneisthebest on August 06, 2011, 01:59 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Waiting for October…….

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 30, 2011, 09:50 AM report to moderator

"An Age Line!" Fred Weasley said, his eyes glinting, as they all made their way across the Hall to the doors into the entrance hall. "Well, that should be fooled by an Aging Potion, shouldn't it? And once your name's in that goblet, you're laughing -- it