Pottermore Blog Updates With Info on Verification Emails and Day 6/Day 7 Clue Times

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 04, 2011, 04:15 PM

The Pottermore Insider Blog has updated their FAQ again to answer questions about sharing Pottermore accounts, verification emails, and the clue times for the last two days of the Magical Quill Challenge:

I have a friend who wants to use my Pottermore account. Is it okay to share my password?
Your Pottermore account is for your personal use only. You should never divulge your Pottermore password to anyone because it protects your personal information from potential misuse and identity theft. By creating an account on Pottermore, you confirm that you will treat your login details as confidential. If you would like more information, please see our Terms & Conditions.

I haven't received my verification email yet; has there been a delay in sending these out?
Earlier in the week, there was an issue with Yahoo! Mail and some related services, which meant that some validation emails were taking longer than normal to arrive. This issue has now been resolved. However, we have been unable to deliver validation emails to approximately one in ten of the email addresses supplied to us due to them being mistyped. If you have not received a validation email within 48 hours of submitting your details to Pottermore, you should assume that we have been unable to deliver your validation email to you, and you will need to register again.

Please be very careful when entering your email address; don't forget to double-check it before you click ‘Continue’!

UPDATED: So far, all the clues have appeared in the early hours of the morning in my time zone. Will this continue for the remainder of The Magical Quill challenge?
We know that Harry Potter fans around the world are taking part in the challenge, so we will be varying the times that the clues are revealed. We can tell you that tomorrow’s clue (Day 6) will be released between 1:30pm and 4.00pm BST, and the final clue (Day 7) will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST on Saturday 6 August.

For your reference, 1:30 pm BST is 8:30 am EST and 5:30 am PST, while 12:30 am BST is 7:30 pm EST and 4:30 pm PST. You can read more of the FAQ here. Good luck everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

No_muggles_thumb

I will find this magical quill!!!! (Too bad I’m not Hufflepuff)

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on August 05, 2011, 06:06 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Beware of conmen claiming to sell fake Pottermore accounts or offering to register an account for you and getting your personal details. See

Posted by roonwit on August 05, 2011, 07:17 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

I got in I’m QuaffleMoon122 :D

Posted by mencia on August 05, 2011, 07:51 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

Clue is posted!

Posted by Mollycairn on August 05, 2011, 09:38 AM report to moderator

I’m on!! ShadowMoon78 and my daughter GlowLumos13. We are ready for Pottermore!

Posted by Maestra2 on August 05, 2011, 09:42 AM report to moderator

YAY I did it!!! The email’s not come but I only registered about five minutes ago so I don’t expect it to. Still….!!!!

Posted by emmi_mancity on August 05, 2011, 09:51 AM report to moderator
Hobgoblin_thumb

Day 6 is open right now!!!

Clue is

How many chapters are there in HARRY POTTER and the Half-Blood Prince?
Multiply this number by 14

Go GO GO

Posted by sarshao on August 05, 2011, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

Congratulations to all who made it!

Posted by Mollycairn on August 05, 2011, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I’m in, I’m, in!!!! finally! 9:03 am something like that. Easy question.I"m HallowSickle144. Got my email in 5 min! Now I can go to work happy!

Posted by Dlcohm7 on August 05, 2011, 09:55 AM report to moderator

Totally agree with jobogtheqwerty and Doxie2962. I am in the same boat and I live in Australia. I don’t go with Yahoo either. I have emailed everyday and still don’t get an answer. Just like Gwendolyn the Weird, I can’t find a help address either that is relevant. The ‘Help’ page is of no help. Very frustrating. Thanks to Leaky community. At least I know I am not the only one.

Posted by Spook on August 05, 2011, 10:05 AM report to moderator

Yay!! I’m in!! I’m stuck with OakNiffler211 as my username, but still, I can’t complain can I? I have a beta account……

Posted by emmi_mancity on August 05, 2011, 10:16 AM report to moderator

I got in finally… pottermore user name is CentaurFang137. It was between that and NightFlame188 which was equally as badass, but I like Centaurs, so…

Posted by DumbledoresMan5769 on August 05, 2011, 10:23 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

the clue is on now people so goodluck :)

Posted by mencia on August 05, 2011, 10:33 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Day 6 clue is up everyone! Go go go!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on August 05, 2011, 10:48 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

The day 6 clue has actually been up for 1 1/2 hours now, which is longer than any of the previous ones. Perhaps most people who want them now have places.

Posted by roonwit on August 05, 2011, 10:51 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Potter. Every single wand. It so happens that the phoenix whose tail feather is in your wand, gave another feather -- just one other. It is very curious indeed that you should be destined for this wand when its b