Pottermore Blog Updates With Info on Verification Emails and Day 6/Day 7 Clue Times

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 04, 2011, 04:15 PM

The Pottermore Insider Blog has updated their FAQ again to answer questions about sharing Pottermore accounts, verification emails, and the clue times for the last two days of the Magical Quill Challenge:

I have a friend who wants to use my Pottermore account. Is it okay to share my password?
Your Pottermore account is for your personal use only. You should never divulge your Pottermore password to anyone because it protects your personal information from potential misuse and identity theft. By creating an account on Pottermore, you confirm that you will treat your login details as confidential. If you would like more information, please see our Terms & Conditions.

I haven't received my verification email yet; has there been a delay in sending these out?
Earlier in the week, there was an issue with Yahoo! Mail and some related services, which meant that some validation emails were taking longer than normal to arrive. This issue has now been resolved. However, we have been unable to deliver validation emails to approximately one in ten of the email addresses supplied to us due to them being mistyped. If you have not received a validation email within 48 hours of submitting your details to Pottermore, you should assume that we have been unable to deliver your validation email to you, and you will need to register again.

Please be very careful when entering your email address; don't forget to double-check it before you click ‘Continue’!

UPDATED: So far, all the clues have appeared in the early hours of the morning in my time zone. Will this continue for the remainder of The Magical Quill challenge?
We know that Harry Potter fans around the world are taking part in the challenge, so we will be varying the times that the clues are revealed. We can tell you that tomorrow’s clue (Day 6) will be released between 1:30pm and 4.00pm BST, and the final clue (Day 7) will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST on Saturday 6 August.

For your reference, 1:30 pm BST is 8:30 am EST and 5:30 am PST, while 12:30 am BST is 7:30 pm EST and 4:30 pm PST. You can read more of the FAQ here. Good luck everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Owl_thumb

kinda dissapointing cuz i got in and am now not getting email?! oh well there is still tomorrow

Posted by farewell_fred on August 04, 2011, 09:39 PM report to moderator
Graylady_thumb

Finally got to the clue in time and found the magic quill. I was jumping up and down screaming lol. It took about an hour for my registration confirmation e-mail to come. Can’t wait to get my welcome letter so I can see the real site. I didn’t realize they were releasing time estimates. I just pulled an all-nighter last night… had work off so I checked at least three times every half-hour for 12 hours. Needless to say after finally getting in… I took a nap :-).

Posted by snapegal27 on August 04, 2011, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

I wonder if perhaps their system is faulty and is mistyping some of the addresses. There are clearly many of us who double, triple, or quadruple checked our email addresses before submitting but are still not getting validation. I’m not using a yahoo address (it’s earthlink) and I’m checking my junk and spam folders regularly to no avail. I can only assume that Pottermore’s system is mistyping some of the addresses. They really ought to have an email address themselves so that we can write and tell them what is going on. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow.

Posted by DeliaDee on August 04, 2011, 10:28 PM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

EARLY ACCESS BABY!!! HECK YEAH!!!

Posted by sboyer06 on August 04, 2011, 10:30 PM report to moderator

The Pottermore registration program clearly isn’t working as it should be. Personally, I’ve given up trying to register, one reason being that all the registration times appear to be aimed at the US market rather than actually allowing people in other parts of the world the same opportunity.

Posted by KiwiBrian on August 04, 2011, 10:33 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

It would be really nice if everyone that has successfully established an account would stay off the pottermore.com and quill.pottermore.com websites during the final two registration windows. Give those who haven’t succeeded an unfetterred opportunity to get into the sites and complete registration.

Since I have already succeeded and received my confirmation letter, and my ID and password work, I will be nowhere near those websites during the posted windows.

Don’t contribute to the traffic jam if you have already succeeded in registering.

Posted by Phoenix1946 on August 04, 2011, 10:54 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

P.S

Call me WombatAuror128
Posted by Phoenix1946 on August 04, 2011, 10:55 PM report to moderator
The-two-hardest-things-to-say-in-life-are-hello-for-the-first-time-and-goodbye-for-the-last_thumb

@WombatAuror128
ok:)

Vs1_thumb

@Jasmine Lily I live on the west coast too, and we’re about six hours earlier than England. So 1:30pm BST is 7:30am PST.

Posted by Mirdan on August 04, 2011, 11:41 PM report to moderator
Myleaky2_c_thumb

@Mirdan, if you live on the west coast of the United States, then aren’t you 8 hours earlier than England? So 1:30 PM BST would be 5:30 AM PST.

@KiwiBrian, the first three clues were definitely not timed for the U.S. market — they were in the wee hours of the morning between midnight and dawn.

Posted by Bandersnatch on August 05, 2011, 12:31 AM report to moderator
Graylady_thumb

@WombatAuror128… I completely agree and will be staying away too! I got WillowWormwood18 :-)

Posted by snapegal27 on August 05, 2011, 12:55 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lrl1fruv7m1r2jz3wo1_250_thumb

Dang it! I thought I was registered but I never got a verification email! I guess I’ll have to try again…

Posted by WeasleyWonder on August 05, 2011, 01:04 AM report to moderator
Copy_of__cid__1202082132_thumb

Grrr, you guys both got cool names. The only one of the 5 I could tolerate was WolfWings110 >.< Oh, well. Can’t complain too much, at least I got in.

Posted by he_who_must_not_be_nicknamed on August 05, 2011, 04:20 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

With regard to missing emails there are a few things that might have happened
1) The email was mistyped – someone suggested you might be able to check this by using the recover username feature of the login page.
2) Pottermore never sent it – maybe due to a system glitch or a system to stop multiple registrations; you may for example may only be able use an email address for one account
3) Your mail provider might have thought it was spam – in which case they might delay it (which was happening with yahoo), accept it and throw it away, refuse to accept it, or put it in a junk email folder at their end
4) Your mail client or anti-virus software might decide it is spam – again it might put it in a spam folder or (though this is rather less likely) discard it

Posted by roonwit on August 05, 2011, 04:27 AM report to moderator
Ash_thumb

I had that problem on day one and started to freak out, so I made a different account with another email site.

I hope all works out for you guys who are having validation issues.

Posted by Crashley on August 05, 2011, 05:30 AM report to moderator

Wooden filing cabinets stood around the walls; from their labels, Harry could see that they contained details of every pupil Filch had ever punished. Fred and George Weasley had an entire drawer to themselves.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014