Updated: Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge, Day 4, Now Closed

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 03, 2011, 11:00 AM

Update: Registration for day 4 is now closed; tomorrow's clue will revolve around Order of the Phoenix. No word yet on what time to expect the latest challenge.

Day 4 of Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge is now open with a clue from Goblet of Fire.
How many students take part in the Triwizard Tournament during Harry's fourth year? Multiply this number by 28.
Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users. Please do not post the answer or link in the comments!

Be quick! Registration will only be open while spaces are still available each day.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Red_thumb

I can’t believe I even made it in. Yes this was an easy question but still was a very frenetic process as I couldn’t even see the bloody quill on the Sony page and so had to just keep clicking on everything like mad and refreshing the page over and over again with ever increasing frustration until the magic somehow happened and I got routed to the name selection page thingy.

A few hours later got my confirmation email and managed not to screw up that process more than once so I had to reset my password. Now I can finally get some sleep tonight. Pottermore may have disrupted my sleep pattern for months!

I can’t believe I was so excited that I actually took and saved screen grabs of my username and confirmation screens before I could stand to close the browser windows. What a dork.

Posted by CassandraT on August 03, 2011, 06:39 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I am PixieSun210! I found the registration process quite easy, and was lucky to get in quickly. I wish everyone the best of luck during the final two days! Don’t worry, you will get in! :) Hope everyone has a magical evening.

Posted by Smitch on August 03, 2011, 06:46 PM report to moderator

Best of luck to everyone who is trying to get in!

Constant vigilance!

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on August 03, 2011, 08:39 PM report to moderator
Floo_powder_power_square_thumb

This post has screen shots of what the magical quill apparently looked like for those answering the Day 4 clue correctly and getting to the Sony webpage, before the glitch happened and the pottermore people began directing people straight to the registration page. There was a banner across the top with the glittery magical quill floating by quickly amid others. See here for images: http://www.cheatswhiz.com/pottermore/2011/08/pottermore-day-4-clue-cheats/

Posted by PhoenixFromTheFlame aka Floo on August 03, 2011, 09:22 PM report to moderator

On Day 3, though I had the right answer, I could not view the feather on the Guardian’s web site. I figured out that Ad Block Plus was blocking the Magic Feather as an ad. If you have Ad Block Plus, turn it off when you are looking for the feather!

Posted by lumosshadow8 on August 03, 2011, 09:55 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Missed them all :(

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 19, 2011, 04:04 PM report to moderator

"He's not even good-looking!" she muttered angrily, glaring at Krum's sharp profile. "They only like him because he's famous! They wouldn't look twice at him if he couldn't do that Wonky-Faint thing --"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014